7. Illusions Of Grandeur pt. 2

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖔𝖔𝖗𝖘 to the garden had been left open to allow guest to freely step out of the ballroom for a moment to wonder the garden. The garden illuminated by bright raging fires inside of large golden firepit columns that lines the pathway on either side. The columns stood on a square decorative base that had carving in the side of it along with detailing in the rim that overlaid the top and bottom edges of the square. On the top of the square was a large circle with another small circle placed on top of it as another base holding the decorative pillar that held the firepit safely on the top. The circle base wasn't necessary but it gave the column more depth and detail making it appear more grand. The pillar that ran through the center had detailing throughout it with different diamond or vast shapes spaced out as a constant swirled ring ran through the empty spaces. At the top was two decorative full body dragons back to back, their wings touched creating a holder for the bowl of the firepit to sit perfectly in. Some of the columns had two decorative full body griffins standing on their hind legs facing each other as of they where fighting, their tails and front paws connected creating a holder for the bowl, while the wings were flared out on their backs. Both animals being significant creatures to the royal household. The entire garden shimmered as the moonlight and the fire fought in providing the most light, as it sparked a gold like the ballroom but a stream of silver from the moonlight laced its way in-between the fiery gold. Although dark shadows crept throughout the garden as the few trees there were blocked the bright light from the fires, allowing for secrets to hide in the casted shadows. The chatter from the guest in the ballroom along with the music could faintly be heard throughout the garden.

   Emily knew that going outside wouldn't attract any attention as everyone's attention was on The Evil Queen, although one watchful eye caught sight of the raven haired girl leaving. The a heavy sigh escaped her lips as she stepped out of the doors. Trying to quickly pass by guest that where wondering the garden without attracting any attention or unwanted conversations at the moment. Although it was unsuccessful as the guest turned whispering to each other as confusion danced across their faces as they where watching the Princess hastily walk through the garden looking behind her ever so often, as to make sure someone wasn't following her. Finally breaking out into a run as Emily grabbed a handful of the skirt of her dress pulling it above her ankles. Running through the maze towards The King's statue, she wanted to be alone with her father to try to find some guidance. Instead when voices filled the quiet maze the close the princess came to the entrance of the area the statue sat. Slowing her run into a brisk walk as she saw the opening in front of her, dropping the left side of her dress as she placed her left hand on the plants of the maze gently grazing her hand over the leaves calming herself as the corner of her lips curled upwards into a smile. As the princess turned the corner her smile quickly faded as she froze in her tracks her eyes widening. The sight of her fathers statue was a touching one with flowers covering the base an along the ground, mostly all of the guest had made their way through the garden once to leave flowers for the late king out of respect. Although the princess was not able to enjoy the sight of her father's statue as her attention was on the two guest standing in the center of the open area, before she shrunk back behind the wall of the maze watching her suitor stand hand in hand with another woman. The princess was not jealous but knew she could possible use this against him, as her mother would not stand for him even associating with anyone except her daughter.  

"I don't understand why you are even indulging the idea to be with her." The woman scoffed as she turned to face Thomas with an annoyed look plastered on her face

"My Lov-"Thomas was quickly cut off by the woman he was with

"Don't. You just told me she slapped you because of a comment over her fathers statue." 

"Listen! I don't love her. She's just as pathetic as the statue not to mention she has a temper not fit for a princess and little manners for a lady of royalty. She is worst then that servant they are saying will become a Princess" Thomas huffed