I shuffled over to the letter laying on my dresser. I quickly tore the dark red seal open and read the letter.

We will be expecting you in Seattle next week today. I assume you are aware of this but, you are to tell no one where you will be. Your time with the Volturi is almost over, it's best if you do not make a terrible error.

...

As soon as I arrived in Seattle, I could smell vampires. The scent was horrible and lingered all over. With the smell this strong I was surprised that the Volturi didn't act sooner.

It was underneath a highway overpass that I caught Jane's smell. I had parked my car a block away in order for my scent to not be quickly noticed. As I walked to the overpass I noticed how quiet and desolate it was. It was almost too perfect of a location to be hiding from the Volturi. The smells of people and gasoline were all over the place but, no cars or people were around.

I heard two footsteps hit the concrete near me. Instead of looking around for who it was I stopped. Jane's scent hitting my nose almost immediately after the footsteps sounded.

"You arrived just in time." Jane said with some emotion, unlike how she usually is.

"Guess I did." I responded. Jane and I never got along and it was useless to pretend like we did.

"Follow me." She said, returing to her emotionless voice.

We walked to an abandoned building, and with ease, Jane opened the door. I looked at the broken lock on the ground as I walked inside. We took the stairs to the rooftop in complete silence. Jane never looking back at me yet and I looking at everything but her.

The wind blew gently and moved a few strands of hair out of my face. We faced a different side then where I was originally at. From there I could see someone leaning against the dim lightpole. She was smoking a cigarette calmly. Her breath was shaky in the slightest, yet mine was. I had four Volturi members next to me, that was reason enough for me to be nervous.

The woman continued smoking until someone else approached from the alleyway. She felt their presence and her exhale was slower. She looked around and faced the other person. They took a few steps closer to her, coming more towards the light. About three steps forward, I could the person better. They had red hair and it was a male. He walked with a confidence unlike an ordinary human. Maybe he wasn't an ordinary human, maybe he wasn't human at all.

The woman held the cigarette but hadn't taken a puff since the man approached her. They had a casual conversation consisting of "who are you" and "what are you doing?"

Then more people slowly crept from the man came from. They stayed hidden in the shadows, as if they were waiting. The woman hadn't noticed them at all. She was young, too young for something like this to have happen to her.

Suddenly, the man lunged at the woman's neck. I heard his teeth rip through the skin of her neck and gasped. Before a second passed, the rest of the group had gone towards the woman. The red haired man dropped her body on the ground, the group surrounding her still living body. Jane looked at me with angered eyes. She assumed the gasp would attract attention but, no, they were too distracted.

The one thing the entire group had in common was their blood red eyes. The red haired man was right under the lightpole. It was then I could completely see his face. He looked incredibly familiar.