Years Earlier

Years Earlier

"There is nothing to be scared about," Danny tries to comfort her.

Ashley sat hugging her knees to her chest on the windowsill. "Does it hurt?" she voiced.

The fire boy bit his lip and pulled an unattractive face, not that Ashley saw; her attention was held by the swift flurry of imaginary snow outside. When he didn't answer her question, Ashley stared at him expectantly.

She raised a freshly plucked eyebrow; Summer had gifted her a full manicure and pedicure for her thirteenth birthday. She had nearly cried as a lady with many wrinkles, it looked like on many attempts they had been pulled back with surgery, worked her magic on the very sensitive skin of her face.

"Truthfully?" he said not waiting for a reaction. "It does a little-" Ashley gave an exasperated sigh and Danny quickly changed his opinion, "but it's nothing compared to how you feel after you've changed and you can run faster than any living creature." His grin spoke all the words he had missed. He had an orange streak of glee in each eye and a mouth watering smile that had absolutely no effect on Ashley.

She sighed, so it can't be that bad then right? she took a couple of deep breaths to comfort herself.

Danny sat down on the bed and scrutinised her. "Are you sure that you're a werewolf?" he asked amused.

"Why do you say that?" Ashley said. The fire boy shrugged, "you seem afraid and disgusted by every milestone that every werewolf looks forward to," he explained. "I am not!" Ashley snaps. "You are too!" he stated and laughed at her red exterior.

"Alright. Name five things that I am afraid of," she dared as she stood up with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Fine. one, you don't want a mate." Ashley snorts and opens her mouth to retaliate. "Two." Danny holds up a warning finger. "You don't want to change. Three, you- you don't like kissing," he says.

"That's nothing to do with werewolves!" Ashley points an accusing finger. "It's mating," Danny says. "I see you cringe every time Summer and Kieran kiss."

"It's not a bad thing to find people kissing disgusting," she said scrunching up her nose.

"No, no, not at all," Danny smirked. Ashley frowned but nevertheless, "that's only three," she pointed out.

He laughed and swept his hair to the side; he'd got to that age that a side flick hair cut was rendered 'hot.'

"Ok, that's all I can think of right now... but there are more," he says. Ashley stuck out her bottom lip and nodded sarcastically as if she really beloved him. She made a move to mess up his hair but Danny being the faster of the pair, grabbed hold of her wrist before she got close enough to touch his master piece. Seeing this as a challenge, Ashley's eyebrows furrowed in concentration and using her other hand, she tried to reach for his shoulder.

Which resulted in the snow girl lying on her back with Danny pinning her hands above her useless head. "You know, another good thing," he adds, "I'm stronger than you."

"So that means, once I've changed I'll be able to take you?" she figured. Danny scoffed, "in your dreams. But... you might give me a bit of sport before I take you down," he joked. "Oh really?" Ashley struggled underneath him. "I'll take you any day," she said.

Danny put two hands on her shoulders and pushed her down. She growled beneath him and he laughed. "Another good thing. You get to growl and howl instead of pretending like you just did," he baited her. Ashley growled again and tried to get up but he held her down, so she gave him a face that said 'I am not playing anymore' he quickly obliged and got up. The fire boy dusted himself down and turned slightly pink in his cheeks which Ashley thought was odd but ignored it anyway.