Chapter 11

A/N – Hey Y’all! Sorry it took so long for an update, life’s crazy right now. I’ll try and update again soon!  

Chapter 11

Holding hands we walk to the center of the crowd, they’ve backed away creating a circle around us.

“Just like in practice Comrade.” I whisper as I lean up and kiss him on the cheek. “Points, no stakes.” He nods and squeezes my hand before pulling me in for a hug. I feel his body relax as he kisses my neck, just under my ear – goose bumps graze my arms and he smiles.

We break apart and start circling each other. We’re both smiling, our eyes dancing with anticipation of the first attack. Normally I wait for Dimitri to attack first, but I see my opening and go for it. He’s too quick and sees me coming, stepping aside my punch catches the air. That’s when I realize my back is exposed, too late, he grabs me from behind. Luckily I react quickly, breaking away from his grip and spin around to face him. He smiles at me, proud I’m sure. I smirk back.

I hear the cheering of the crowd in the background causing me to slightly lose focus. That’s all the opening Dimitri needs. He swoops to my left side with his shoulder low, I react late but am still able to block him. Spinning around he catches my leg and we both tumble to the ground. He’s hovering over me, smiling. I feel his grip loosen and flip him over. Now I’m sitting straddling him, holding his arms above his head. We’re both breathing heavy, his breath on my face makes my heart flutters. I smirk, rather pleased with myself.

“Had enough, Comrade?” I tease. In one swift movement, he’s rolled us over, him now straddling me.

“I’ll never have enough of you.” He says raising an eyebrow in his signature look. I giggle and smash my lips into his. His grip loosens, as I thought it would. I flash back to the last time I did this and it caught him off guard, I wonder if it’ll work again. My right hand pulls free and curves around for a blow to his temple. Dimitri breaks the kiss, smirking at me with amusement dancing in his eyes.

“Not this time, Roza.” He says, grabbing my fist and holding if firmly in place. We stare at each other both of our eyes softening. I hear laughter from the crowd.

“Caught you off guard Belikov? Nice one Rose, you’re so resourceful sometimes.” Christian’s laughter is contagious. “The kiss of death.” He murmurs into the crowd. Dimitri and I both begin to laugh as we stand up ending the show. Dimitri wraps his arms around me, holding me close. I do the same taking comfort in his embrace.

“Well, that was quite the show.” Raymond says walking toward us with a smile on his face and Sarah next to him. “No wonder you two are so highly regarded, your skills surpass anyone we’ve ever seen.” I’m not sure what to say, I’ve never been well at accepting compliments without sounding cocky. I decide to follow Dimitri’s lead and gracefully bow my head. I gaze up at him in wonder, he’s always so proper, such the gentleman, pride surges through my body for the man I love.

“I guess I’ll continue to take your stupid lessons.” Angeline says walking toward her father. I smirk at her attitude.

“You should come to the Academy with us. We could teach you a lot more and really hone in your skills.” Eddie says to Angeline as he walks up behind me. I look to Angeline, her eyes widen with excitement at the possibility of leaving. I leave the group as they begin discussing the intricacies of enrolling Angeline into St. Vladimir’s. Since Eddie and Christian will be there, Raymond is more inclined to allow her to go.

“Hey Little Dhampir.” I hear a familiar tone. Turning on my heels I smile a playful grin at Adrian. “So, is that what you and Belikov call foreplay?” He smirks as I roll my eyes. “Because I can think of some other things you may enjoy better.” He says, licking his lips, his tongue lingering on his fangs. If glares could kill, he’d be dead.