Chapter 25: Sweet Ending

Ngumiti lamang si Monica habang hinahayaang niyang pagmasdan siya ni Wesly. Hindi ito nagsalita kahit nakadilat na ang mga mata nito.

"Hi." Tanging nasambit niya.

Buhat sa pagkakasandal sa upuan ay napabalikwas si Wesly at mahigpit siyang niyakap. "Baby."

Oh! God how she missed him embracing her like this and his masculine scent. "You're dreaming." She whispered on his ear.

"I so miss you. I just spent the entire time missing you."

Lumabas ito mula sa loob ng at isinandal siya nito sa pinto ng sasakyan. Hinawakan nito ang mukha niya na parang kinakabisado ang mga parte doon. He started to kiss her forehead down to her nose and to her cheeks. His weary eyes looked at hers with so much longingness and claimed her mouth with such eagerness yet amorous kiss. At first, she tasted the bitterness of wine but when their lips moved spontaneously, all she felt was the softness of his lips touching hers and the sweetness she consistently felt whenever he kisses her.

"Why were you drinking?" She asked him after he broke the kiss.

He hugged with full security. "Because I thought I lost you for real."

"I don't understand." Nakakunot ang noo niyang hinarap ulit ito. "You're too handsome to think about that." Bahagya niyang inayos ang tuxedo at ang bowtie na sinuot nito. Hanawi niya mga hibla ng buhok nito sa noo. " Where have you been?"

"It's a long story."

"Let's get inside. Someone would like to meet you."

Tumunog ang cellphone niya. Tumutawag na naman si Clem. "Nasaan ka na? Hinahanap ka rin nina Mama at Papa."

"Be right there in a few moments. Bye." Tiningnan ulit niya ito ng masuyo. "My phone died earlier so I wasn't able to call you. I'm sorry. Let's go?"

Niyakap ulit siya nito ng mahigpit at masuyong hinalikan. "Ahh baby. If you can only hear my heart so you know what its saying."

"Then tell me what it says."

"It says 'I love you'." He's looking at her intently. "I love you since the day I saw you."

It was her first time hearing him say those words. Lahat ng pag-aalala na nararamdaman niya mula kanina ay nalusaw pagkabigkas nito sa ikalawang pagkakataon. At ang pagkawika nito'y nanunuot sa kaibuturan ng kanyang puso. Hindi agad siya nakapagsalita at tumulo na lang bigla ang kanyang mga luha.

"You're crying again. You know how I hate it when I see you crying."

"I... I'm just so happy. Pumasok na tayo sa loob."

"Before we get inside, there's something I needed to do that can't wait. I was supposed to do this earlier tonight but something happened. I know God has a reason why it didn't happen. Probably, he wanted me to do it now." Mula sa kanyang bulsa ay kinuha niya ang singsing sa loob ng maliit na kahon at lumuhod sa harap ni Monica sa gitna ng kalsada. "I don't want you to think that I did this because I was drunk. I've been thinking about this before but I didn't have the courage. I've already waited long enough so I'm doing this now. I've never dreamed of someone whom I can spend my forever with until I saw you almost 8 years ago. Since then, everything about me changed. And I'd like you to be a part of that change, forever. Will you accept this ring and marry me?"

Hindi siya nakapagsalita.

"I've never imagined myself be married with someone because what I've always dreamed about was marrying you. In fact it's my greatest dream. I love you more than anything in this planet. I love you so much kahit itlog lang ang alam mong lutuin."