The Struggle.

Raven's POV

I sat on the couch a little depressed. If Beast Boy was here maybe he'd hold me and tell me it'll be ok. But no! He has to be the one hurting me and going out with someone I can't compete with!

~*~

Later on, Robin came out from his room. Apparently he saw me on the couch. I was wrapped around in a plain black blanket and was just watching tv. I was hoping he'd avoid me and move on to what he was doing in the first place, but then again, I'm glad he noticed me.

"Hey Raven? Are you ok?" He asked walking over to the couch sitting down next to me.

"I-I'm fine. You can go now," I said trying to reject a tear from running down my pale cheek.

"Is this about Beast Boy?" He asked. He now had a concerned look on his face.

"Let's not talk about him... How're you and Star?" I asked changing the subject.

He looked at his thumbs.

"Well... she also found someone new... after everything that happened. After asking her out, I thought it would last longer...." He said. he looked really sad now.

"I thought Beast Boy wouldn't move on for awhile. I miss him.... He meant a lot to me, believe it or not. It sounds like I can't compete with this girl. It hurts to even think about this. I just wish I never let this slide in or let it happen. That girl he's with sounds really pretty, and she sounds perfect for him. Maybe I am too emo for him. Maybe I am to dark. I-I'm too... too villain for him."

Tears were coming down one by one. Bigger than the last.

"What's wrong with me...." I asked under my breath.

"Raven.... You are beautiful. You maybe dark, but you are not an emo. You are not dark. You are most certainly not a villain. How could you even think that? And for the most part.... There's nothing wrong with you. You are one of the best people I have ever met. I can't believe you would say any of that. So what if Beast Boy has a chance with that red-head. You shouldn't have to compete with her. You can move on as fast as he can, just trust me."

He scooted over to me and hugged me on the couch. I cried on his shoulder, wishing I thought about what he said at first.

"Thanks, Robin. That was... really nice of you," All of a sudden the tears. He kissed me on the cheek, in a friendly way, and just say there holding me and comforting me.

"Anything for you Rae," He said. "Wanna watch movie?"

"Uh.... sure," I said.

He surprised me with the me 'Smiley', and I nearly laughed.

"This movie has terrible acting, you know that right?" I asked him.

"Yes. I'm trying to cheer you up, so just go with it," He said with a cheeky smile.

~*~

"After about 30 minutes of watching it, I got REALLY tired. I got up about to move to the little arm chair, but Robin questioned me.

"Are you leaving me?" He gave me the puppy dog face. I chuckled a bit.

"No, I'm just moving to the armchair. I might fall asleep, and I don't want to you feel uncomfortable." I said honest.

"I don't mind," He smiled and motioned for me to come back over.

"You sure?" I asked. "I really don't want to kick you or anything in my sleep," I feel like I'd really make him uncomfortable if I did.

"It's cool, don't worry," he said smiling.

I sat back down next to him, but he had the blanket this time.

He wrapped one end of the black blanket around his shoulder and squeezed me next to him and wrapped the other side around me. He smelt nice.

~*~

Robin's POV

The movie was about to end, and Raven was fast asleep. I feel really bad for her. I didn't know she liked Beast Boy that much.

Cyborg came from the main hallway, but he ignored us. He made a sandwich then left.

The credits came up. I Raven woke up. She didn't realize it, but she had her arms around me waist.

She noticed soon enough and then blushed.

"I-I'm sorry," She scooted away, causing the blanket to fall off her shoulder and onto the couch cushion.

"Haha, it's cool," Raven was truly beautiful, I wish she'd realize that.

Raven smiled. I like her smile.

"I'll be right back," She said standing up.

She quickly went to the bathroom.

~*~

When Raven was in the bathroom, Beast Boy came back. He brought his so called 'date'... hopefully Raven doesn't come back soon.

He was... kissing the girl. He quickly saw me and turned.

"Hey... Robin," He continued. "This is Kate."

Kate waved 'Hi' and stood next to him.

"Hello... Kate," I waved back.

"So... yeah...." Do you care if she hangs out a bit?" He asked.

"Not at all," I say standing up. "You two have fun." I got up and Raven came out of the bathroom.

"Wanna play a game?" I said quickly.

"Uh... sure?" She questioned.

"Ok let's go play in my room!" I said quickly once more grabbing her arm.

We went into my room and she sat on my bed. She looked very confused.

"Wanna play some cards...?" Geez I suck at distractions.

"Sure.... Are you... ok. You were just serious.... and now you seem like you're hiding something...." I hate to lie to her... but it is for the best, right?

~*~

We played cards for a bit.

"Hey, I'll be right back," She said.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"To the kitchen.... to get food. I'm hungry," She said walking out.

"I'll get you something! What do you want?" I suck at stalling.

"I think I can get something myself," She said rushing out of the room.

"Raven!" I yelled. It was too late.

Beast Boy and... Kate were on the couch. Kate on top of him, making out.

She came back down the hallway halfway meeting up with me.

"Thanks for... trying to stall me... It was worth trying...." She started tearing up.

Raven went I to her room. I went in there about 10-15 minutes later.

"Raven....? Please tell me you're ok...." I said.

"Ok? Yeah, I'm ok. I hate showing my emotions.... Especially around you.... I want you to expect something different," She said.

"You know, I can't think of you any differently if you don't show any emotions," I said sitting next to her.

She just starred at me with her pale, tear stained face.

"Rae..." I said.

She just hugged me.

I hugged her back, I didn't let go. I don't want her hurt anymore than she has been.