"The Birthday"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
An alarm went off softly as it ringed through out the house. Ruby woke up and yawned as she looked around seeing cooking batter everywhere, burnt cookies, a bit of smoke from the living room. Footsteps where heard as (Y/n) yawned and stopped in his tracks seeing the mess. "A little help?" Jaune asked as he was stuck to the ceiling and struggled to get off of it. "Um....happy birthday?" Ruby smiled and chuckled nervously. He blinked seeing this.

Last Night....

(Y/n) smiled happily as he cooked dinner happily. Ruby waited on the couch as she sighed watching TV. Cinder climbed onto the couch and sat down as well, a small beep was heard as she looked in between the couch pillows seeing (Y/n)'a phone. She read the message seeing it was a notification for his birthday tomorrow. Cinder smiled as she thought happily of this. Cinder was at the table with him alone as they had a romantic dinner with each other. She blushed at the idea of it all. Ruby peaked over shoving her away and smiled. Cinder grumbled. "Do you mind?" Cinder asked tapping her foot. Ruby blinked and stuck her tongue out. "I actually do!" She looked over only to see she was holding a cookie instead. Neo ran off fast holding the phone over her head as it was a little unbalanced as she went somewhere to hide. "So it's his birthday tomorrow, then I'll make him the best breakfast for him!" Ruby smiled happily as Cinder laughed. "That's so cute. But we all know it'll be me who wins." She smirked. Both of them bumped heads and growled from this. "I believe we have a completion, you find your group. I'll find mine." Cinder smirked as Ruby blinked. "Dibs on Penny!!" She lifted Penny up happily as Penny giggled and waved. Cinder grumbled and walked off fast. Ruby growled and walked off dragging Penny.

After Dinner. (Y/n) told everyone goodnight as he went upstairs to sleep and rested happily closing his door softly. Ruby jumped off the couch and growled as Cinder did the same looking at her. "Welcome to the first annual birthday cook off!!" Professor Port happily announced as everyone else clapped and cheered. "Cinder Falls and Ruby Rose will face off picking for team members to help make the greatest birthday breakfast! Two teams go in, and one walks out victorious, the other, defeated!!" Port happily said into the microphone. "You do realize that's a stick not a microphone." Oobleck said as Port looked at him and sighed shaking his head. "Just pick your teams...the judges will be Professor Ozpin, Qrow, Tai Yang, Glynda, and Winter." He said happily as they waved hi. Ruby smirked, she had Penny, Jaune, Nora, and Sun. Cinder smiled having Mercury, Yang, Ren, and Roman. "Let the cooking....begin!!!" Port happily yelled as they ran off fast. Pyrrha smiled using her ability to move some things around to better travel as she opened the fridge. The rest of the gang watched the teams for any signs of cheating. Neo held a pencil and was drawing for a little bit as she grabbed giant safety scissors as she began to cut. "Mix that batter Penny! Sun, flip that egg, Nora beat that orange, and Jaune set the toaster!!" Ruby shouted. Everyone did so, Ruby smirked and grabbed her weapon and swung up some of the kitchen wear as she opened the cabinet looking for other ingredients. Cinder smirked. "We won't need the stove, Yang if you please." Yang smirked and went into position, Mercury and Ren ran fast as they jumped only to be launched up by yang as they kicked off some of the pants hanging as they landed. Roman took aim and shot three of the pans that fell as Ren, Yang, and Mercury caught them. They placed a careful service as Cinder used her powers heating up the pans. Roman launched a couple of eggs as they began to cook. Mercury ran on a whisk making it mix the batter. Ren used his weapons cutting up bread and smeared butter onto them as it cooked into mini toasts, Yang grinned and grabbed bacon tossing them over like frisbees.

"And with that, there off. Security watching everyone, both teams using useful skills to make and cook food, can we get a comment from the judges?" Oobleck asked as Port walked over with a stick like a microphone pointing it to each Judge. "Each one of them shows great potential and good leadership." Professor Ozpin said. "All students have made great strategies due to everyone's height and used it to its advantage." Glynda properly said. "...wait where am I again?" Qrow asked confused. Tai stepped in and smirked. "It's obvious my daughter gots it in the bag." He smirked. "Which one exactly?" Port asked as Tai gulped and tried thinking. 'Who ever I choose, one will be happy, the other angry.' He gulped and stood up. "I need to go!! To the bathroom!" He ran off fast. Port shrugged and went over to Winter. "And you miss Winter, how do you feel they are doing in the competition?" Port asked as she smiled. "They're doing the best they can using skills and there talents to make a special breakfast for someone, there doing okay. But I do think my sister should have competed!!" She yelled over as Weiss looked over pouting. "I just got cleaned I don't wanna get dirty again!!" She blushed red as Winter looked away as Weiss pouted. Penny kept stirring the pancake batter as her arms were speeding up as warning signs popped into her head. Ruby looked over seeing this and panicked. "Nora! Stop Penny!" Nora smirked and grabbed her hammer running in as she slipped on the Orange juice, her hammer hit the bowl sending Penny to the table as she rested, the pan cake batter hit the handle of the pan that was on the stove tossing the burnt egg. "I'm back!" Tai said happily as he was hit by a burnt egg falling over. Cinder laughed at this. "Okay you can flip the egg now Roman." Cinder smiled as Roman blinked. "We don't have anything to flip it over." He casually said. Cinder growled at this as the flames were getting bigger. "Well why don't you get one?" She asked as he shrugged. "I don't feel like it. Ask the others." Roman smirked and relaxed laying back. "Um, Cinder?" Ren spoke up as Cinder looked over angry. "What?!" She asked only to smell burning as she saw the burnt pancake. Her pancake batter was bubbling up as a giant bubble was formed. "Oh...nobody move." Everyone stood still. They slowly turned over hearing a timer as Juane was trying to pull the toast out of the toaster until being launched by it as he hit the bubble making it pop all over everyone. Ruby's ears were ringing as she looked around dizzy until passing out. Neo heard this as she shrugged and grabbed some tape happily.

-Flash Back Over-

(Y/n) looked at the mess and helped Juane down and cleaned Ruby up a little. "Sorry...I just wanted to make you feel special for your birthday." Ruby looked up at him. He blinked. "My birthday isn't from a few months from now. What gave you the idea that it was my birthday?" He asked. Ruby pointed to his phone. "Ruby...I texted Alice happy birthday. You might have read it wrong." He parted her head softly. Ruby's mind went blank. One she was wrong and made a fool of herself, and Two, Alice. "Anyways after this. You guys have to clean up. Neo and I are gonna go out real quick. She made me this cute little card." He smiled and helped Neo into his little shirt pocket. Ruby stood there in shock. Neo smiled and stuck her tongue out teasing as they left. "If it means anything, the toast came out great." Juane happily said. Ruby looked over and threw batter on him.

To Be Continued....

(HEY guys sorry I haven't been on, school and such is hard and insane, I hope you enjoyed and please vote and comment)