Working on it

"Mija! Come on, we're going to be late !" Camila yelled at her daughter from upstairs.

"I'm coming mami, I don't see the big deal in this" Camila's eyes narrowed at her mixed child . God she looked so much like her mother.

"Your dad has been gone for a month . What do you mean what is the big deal of us going to see her?"

Eva only rolled her eyes and put on her heels . "I'm only saying that I could care less about her movie premiere"

Camila crosses her arms over her chest . "I know how you get with your emotions but damn it Eva . She loves you I promise she does"

The Afro-Cuban teen only rolled her eyes and opened the front door . "I'll be in the car" Camila couldn't take this .

She truly was her mothers child .

_____

"I hope you don't expect for me to act like everything is okay between us . Like we are the perfect family" her tone was full of attitude and frustration.

"Why are you acting like this?" Camila mumbled lowly .

"Look at your fucking face ma?! Yeah you pile on a bunch of make up but I know what the hell your face looks like . And where was THAT WOMEN when it all happened . No where to be fucking found . You expect me to act like all is well . When it's not"

"Let's just go" The older Cuban whispered .

"Ma" Eva tried .

"Callate Eva . Not now" she rushed.

Pathetic is what she felt like .

_____

"Normani ! Normani ! Over here !"

"Eva !!! Camila ! Look over here" flashing lights showed from each direction as they walked down the red carpet .

Their bright smiles were plastered on their faces as they looked at each of the cameras . 5 years and they were masters by now .

Normani wrapped her arm around Camila's waist and buried her face in her neck . "You look beautiful tonight. I'm glad you guys came"

The compliment lead to a blush to creep on Camila's tan cheeks. "Of course." She mumbled still smiling at the camera .

Eva scoffed and rolled her eyes posing for the cameras . The smile dropped immediately from her face as she gave each camera her "model look. Her R.I.B face"

____

"Hola Eva" Normani tried

"Hey ma"

Ma damn Normani thought . She never calls her that . It's always daddy, or pa .. she must have done something wrong

The tension was high once they reached the inside of the theater . Each time she tried to speak to her daughter, she would cut it short . Nothing seemed to get through to her .

Finally she leaned over to Camila . "Is she okay?" Camila only shrugged her shoulders and sighed . "Talk about it when you come over."

___

"Eva talk to me . What did I do wrong?" The black-Cuban only ignored her mother and continued walking away .

"Hey now, I'm fucking talking to you-"

"What now you wanna talk to me, where have you been eh ? Well guess what ma I'm not the one that needs to be talked to"

"What are you talking about ?!"

"I'm not the one that's been raped" there it was . The cat was out of the bag.

The tension was thick, and neither of the Hamiltons spoke a word . Only staring at each other . Eva's face hurt and red and Normani's confused and angry .

She wasn't really expecting that one . Something more on the lines of 'you've been gone too long' not this . The younger of the two huffed and walked away .

"You're talking to the wrong Cabello" she repeated before stomping into her room . Again Normani only stood there . She wasn't really sure what to say .

'Camila had been raped, hurt and she wasn't there to stop it.' She felt guilt wash over her as she finally made a step towards the stairs . Her brain wracked with different possibilities of what she could do or say .

Sadly her mind came up short, she knocked twice before entering her room . Camila was sitting at the edge of the bed with a book in her lap .

"Hey slugger, did you talk to your daughter" again Normani said nothing, she only walked over to the younger Cuban and swooped her into a hug, a hug that couldn't fix everything but let her know she was there . Let her understand that this wasn't a lonesome battle .

It was an unspoken agreement that anywhere Normani went for work from now on Camila would follow . They both pulled back and looked at each other .

There issues were far from dealt with but this wS a push in the right direction .

Hey guys I know this sucked, but it's only part one . And thanks to  everyone who checked on me about my boyfriends death, I'm doing a lot better than before but ya know how death is ... uhmmmm right I promise more updates . I love you and thanks for sticking by me 💜 any requests just let me know. Love you nuggets 💖