Door 1

Her hand trembled as she fumbled the key into the lock. The click of the unlocking door felt deafening as the anticipation of what lay ahead amounted to a climax. Her heart was drumming against her ribs as the wasps in her stomach swarmed.

"And here she goes! The first door!"

The commentator was torture; incessant, constant. Like the ringing you get in your ears after a particularly loud concert. But worse. Louder.

The door swung open.

What lay ahead was a never-ending corridor. That's all Femie could see. On each side, spaced about a metre apart, were doors. Doors, upon doors, upon doors. What's to expect from a show called 10,000 Doors? Even so, Femie was in awe.

As the door slammed closed behind her, locking out the commentator and the rest of the world, Femie took a deep breath and looked closer at the expanse of doors that lay ahead of her.

They were all the same. Plain white panel doors with shining silver handles. She knew that behind each of these was a horror that she couldn't even begin to imagine, even with everything that she had already been through. Except for one. Just one of these would be her ticket to proving her innocence.

This, and only this, was the motivation she clung to as she approached the first door on her left.