Who Loves Surprises?

Start from the beginning

Why is he making this so hard for me?

10 Minutes Later

"Dang this cake is good." I said stuffing my face with it. We were all standing around in the lounge eating. I looked up to my right and I saw Chris stuffing his face too. Then, I looked to my left and I saw Moniece with icing above her lip and Keith with some icing on his mustache.

I giggled at the both of them and they were so clueless.

"The cake must be really good huh?" I asked as they both laughed at me.

I scanned the room and I saw Dave standing up against the wall talking to Trey and August. They seemed to be in a really deep conversation. But, soon after my eyes locked with Dave's and he flashed a smile at me. Of course I mirrored it back. Unfortunately, we were cut short after an interruption.

Out of nowhere, Zoey busted in the room.

"Hey everybody! It's a wonderful time to be alive and it's a wonderful time to celebrate! I bought cake for everybody because I have some exciting news! Are you guys ready?" She asked everybody as the nurses and other people were getting excited.

"You know what this is about?" I asked Chris as his facial expression went blank. I couldn't read it at all.

"Aye what is this about?" Keith whispered to me as I shrugged my shoulders.

"Drumroll please..." Zoey said as people started hitting the tables dramatically. When they stopped, the room went silent.

"Dr. Manali, you and the Pediatric department might as well start planning the baby shower cause I'm pregnant!" She semi-yelled as all the people that liked her started cheering and congratulating her. I looked over at Chris and I saw that he had the same blank expression on his face as people were walking over to congratulate him.

My hearing became muffled, and it seemed as if everything froze. I put my plate down, and I walked towards the door. I felt my heart throbbing and I knew I was on the verge of tears.

Pregnant... she's pregnant with Chris' baby.

As I walked out of the room, I went to the nearest storage room I could find. When I opened the door, I entered it, and I closed the door behind me.

I started hyperventilating and my back slid down the side of the shelf as tears fell from my eyes.

I know that I still like Dave, but y'all know how I feel about Chris. This is like a freakin slap in the face. As I felt streams rush down my face, the door opened and I turned my head away, so the person wouldn't see me... until I heard his husky voice.

"Babe..." Chris said as I shook my head no.

"Chris get out." I cried out softly as he shook his head no.

"Chris I don't wanna talk to you! I said get out! Did you know about this!? You knew didn't you!" I semi-yelled as he yelled back at me saying "No! I promise I didn't know!".

"I told you I wanted you." He said calmly as I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

"You can't do that Chris! She's having your baby! She wants you! You can't just up and leave her like that!" I whispered to him aggressively.

"I ain't say I was gone leave her on her own. I wanna take care of my unborn child. But, that don't mean I gotta be in a real relationship with her. I want you Jay." He said as I closed my eyes and I shook my head no.

"These past couple of weeks, y'all been walkin around here like people's dream couple! You ain't dropped no serious hints that you still wanted me. Yeah you said it, but you ain't show it!" I said as he furrowed his eyebrows.

"But, you've been walking around here all buddy buddy with Dave like it ain't nothin! Y'all been getting real close!" He said scoffing at me.

"Yeah after I saw y'all holding hands and being all mushy gushy with each other in the hallways! I said if Chris ain't leaving Zoey no time soon, then I might as well have a little fun! I can't wait on you forever Chris! You didn't show me that you wanted me! You paraded around here with yo girl!"

"I don't care about nothin' that you sayin. I said what I said... I want you. I will leave her right now." He said as I groaned out of frustration. This is way too much to take in.

"You really are getting on my nerves and she already pissed me off! This is the last time that she's gotten under my skin! Talkin' bout Dr. Manali y'all can plan the baby shower! Yeah I'm in the Pediatric Department, but that's the last person I'll throw a shower for! She knows I don't like her and she did that to get at me! She's in my freakin spot man! It should be me!" I semi-yelled at him as he tried to calm me down.

"Why are you so worried about her! We can focus on us!" He said to me in a deep tone.

"Focus on us!? How can we focus on us if it's gone be three of y'all!? Huh Chris? I don't wanna join the party." I said shaking my head at him.

He groaned loudly as he knocked some stuff off of the shelf out of anger. He's pissed off and I'm even more angry than he thinks. This whole situation is ridiculous.

"This ain't right Chris! Now we're back at square one! It's all your fault! You want me to come back to you after you walked out on me twice! If you would've stayed then we wouldn't be here! That should be me out there talking about a pregnancy! Not Zoey and still to this day, I don't know why you did it!" I rambled on as he rolled his eyes into the back of his head and he rubbed his face with both hands.

"Jay that was in the past, just move on." He said calmly as I looked at him like he was crazy.

"Move on!? Nah! Why did you do it Chris?!"

"Jay just leave it alone." He said as he placed both of his hands on his head. He looked like he was about to burst. He doesn't like for his buttons to be pushed, but I don't care. I'm pushin' all of em.

"No! Why did you leave me!? Why did you walk out on me------" I semi-yelled as he cut me off quickly.

"Because I was scared to love you! You made me fall in love with you and I was terrified of that!" He yelled, but at a whisper. He towered over me, placed his hand on the shelf, and he took a deep breath to calm himself while I was still sitting on the floor.

When those words escaped his mouth, it was like time froze, because he never told me that. He never talked about loving me in the past. This is the first time he's opening up about everything.

---------------------------

Comments? Feedback? Thoughts 💭?

Thanks for reading! ❤️