Chapter 3

Toriel lay still. Silent, not a speck of life in her eyes. Before she could completely disappear, I began to enjoy my prey a little longer.

I withdrew the dagger from her back, the handle dirty with the dust of the boss monster. Her body was slumped down, moving only from the hard tugs of my knife.

With my one hand, I grabbed hold of her snout, and with the weapon, I slashed multiple times across her body.

Each blow I landed on her got faster, sending more dust flying into the air. Toriel's white fur quickly dissipated with the strain the wound put on her body. Soon, nothing but a pile of remains was left.

A smile of satisfaction ebbed its way to my face. She's gone. Forever.

She can't get in my way now that she's dead. I put the knife back into my inventory, and begin to clean myself up.

"All evidence of The Author's deeds is no longer evident in anything they do, anything anyone sees or hears."

Now I'm as innocent as a flower. An actual flower, not that soulless being we saw a few rooms back(like me).

I pushed open the heavy doors, excitement bubbling through me. It wasn't long before the soft crunch of snow could be heard, and I was in the woods right out of snowdin.

I really was enjoying my self insert into Undertale. If it weren't for this book, I probably would have gotten bored with my actual life, and would have ended it already.

But no. I can actually be with him in here. I can win. I can be happy.

And that's exactly what I am going to do. Consequences don't follow me here, and I can do whatever the hell I want.

Trees surrounded the big, white-coated path, a nice crisp cold settled around, completely still. What can I say? The cold never bothered me anyway.

I can hear the reader groaning.

I tossed the Writer's block out from my inventory, giving it a nasty glare before I continued walking.

Slowly I walked, false innocence plastered on my face. After a ridiculously long time, the sound of crunching snow under slippers was heard.

I strained my ears to hear anything else, if he would do anything out of the ordinary. Mentally, I laughed. This is my story. The characters obey me. And only me. I know what happens.

The figure of several wooden logs erected to form an inefficient gate loomed above me, the work of his brother, no doubt.

"H u m a n." His voice rung out. I shivered from the melody, a deep, liquid vocalization manifesting in one, single monster.

"D o n ' t Y o u K n o w H o w T o G r e e t a N e w P a l?"

I stayed still, a small smile forming on my lips. Badly I wanted him in my life. So badly I wanted him to understand that I need him.

"T u r n A r o u n d" My legs trembled.

"A n d S h a k e M y H a n d."

I swiveled so fast on my heel and stuck out my hand, I almost thought that he would think I was weird, I don't want that. But, I shouldn't dwell on sad thoughts.

Much to my relief, the familiar noise erupted from the rubber pouch in his hand.

"The ol' whoopee cushion in the hand trick. It's always funny."

I remember every line. All his dialogue. Every action.

"Oh my god..! You got me!" Light feelings I haven't felt for so long floated around my mind. I laughed genuinely, not maniacal or fake. It felt good to be in his presence, not to worry about that old goat. All rivals must be terminated. (Stage 1: complete)

"Heh. The name's Sans. Sans the Skeleton, but the last bit's too formal. So you can drop it." I smiled at him, a light pink dusting my cheeks. "I'm supposed to be on the watch for humans and all, but I'm not really into all that."

I forced myself to let him keep talking, I already know what he's going to say next:

"But my brother, he's a human-hunting FANATIC. So watch out for him." He gave me a wink, still having his hands in his jacket's pockets, lazy posture with a lied back personality. "I've got an idea. Go through this gate-thingy, yeah, go right through it."

He gestured to the mentioned gate with the white orbs that served as his eyes, "My bro made the bars too wide to stop anyone, so you can walk over the bridge."

Without hesitation, I walked under the logs to the other side, where a scene all too familiar opened up. "Hey, that might be him over there. Quick, behind that conveniently shaped lamp."

The same blue lamp stood there in the same spot, unplugged and awkward. I rolled my eyes and let out a small laugh, quickly running over to hide.

A much taller skeleton, who we know as Papyrus, marches in, scarf flowing majestically. "SANS! YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE ON WATCH FOR HUMANS!" He boomed.

"WHAT ARE YOU EVEN DOING? YOU'RE JUST SITTING AROUND AND BOONDOGGLE ALL DAY!" Papyrus stares expectantly at Sans, hoping for an explanation.

"Bro, I've gotten a ton of work done today. A skele-ton." Sans winks and turns to the viewer, leaving Papyrus fuming.

"SANS!"

"Aw, come on, Pap. I've been workin' myself down to the bone." Again, he shrugs and grins widely at the viewer.

"NYEH! SANS! I MUST BE ON MY WAY BACK TO PATROL  FOR HUMANS. AS FOR YOUR WORK..." he trails off.

"PUT A LITTLE MORE...BACK-BONE INTO IT!" I shake my head, trying to suppress the giggles.

He runs off laughing his little skull off, "NYEH HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH!"

"HEH." He finishes.

"Alright, you can come out now." Sans reassures. I stand up, finally bursting out into hysterical laughter. "I cannot believe Papyrus actually did that! Oh my god..!"

He smiled back, winking his left eye. I remember, I wrote myself as the first human to come down here, but kept Flowey's memories of Chara(just for my own sadistic amusement, he will drive himself mad as he doubts if Chara was even here).

So to all of these monsters, I'm the only human they have seen down here.

Including sans, but it will take time for him to grow feelings for me....I wonder if he even will like me on his own...that would make my job a lot easier...

But he will love me.

Our fate resides in my hands.