"Hm," Deaton says, lost in thought and looks over to me. "There are some supernatural creatures that have been known for healing; Addonexus, Phoenix, Caladrius. You might have been born one, but your abilities were dormant until you needed them. You've now awakened them, we need to find out if you are one of them, and if you are, which one."

"How do we find out?" I ask.

"Well, I already know you're not a Caladrius," he states.

"Why?"

"They only heal sickness," he tells me as and opens a drawer with a few scalpels in it. He pulls one out and looks at me again. "Also you're eyes wouldn't have glowed orange."

"Okay," I say. "Then I could be one of the two others maybe?"

"Maybe." He agrees.

"How do we figure it out?" Stiles asks.

"We get Lily to heal someone else," he says, putting the blade of the scalpel to the palm of his hand and making a quick slicing movement.

"Woah, Doc," Stiles fliches, averting his eyes from the blood dripping from Deaton's palm.

"This is the easiest way," Deaton tells us as he looks at me, holing out his hand. "Lily, concentrate. Try to will my hand to heal."

I look at him almost in shock. I glance at Liam and Scott. Liam looks almost critical while Scott looks on, thoughtfully. He nods at me to try.

How can I do that? I don't even understand how I healed Liam.

"Lily, focus on my hand," Deaton tells me. "Imagine it healing, the veins sealing shut, the skin healing back together."

I fix my eyes on Deaton's bloody hand. I do what he says and focus on trying to will it to heal. I imagine everything healing back up, the blood flow stopping. I try this for about 30 seconds until I get frustrated.

What am I even doing? I'm getting nowhere wth this. I'll never get this to work.

Deaton senses my loss of concentration and lowers his hand. "Addonexus heal physical wounds with their emotions," he tells me. "I thought you would be one since you desperately wanted Liam to be alright when you healed him."

"If it's emotional then wouldn't I really need to be upset over the injury?" I ask. "I mean I was distraught and crying a lot when Liam was dying."

Deaton's eyes widen as if he just got an idea. "Crying," he breathes. "That's it. Lily, make yourself cry."

"Why?" I question. I mean, yeah, I act, but why do I need to cry now?

"Phoenix tears have healing powers," he tells me.

"Like Fawkes in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets?" I ask, remembering the scene in the chamber when Harry was dying from the basilisk venom. Fawkes' tears healed Harry instantly.

"Yes, like that," Deaton tells me.

I grimace and screw up my face. I fix my gaze ahead of me and keep myself from blinking. My eyes start to water and I feel a tear drop down my cheek. Deaton holds out his hand and the tear falls on his cut.

I gasp in amazement as his cut slowly starts to seal itself shut. Another tear drips down and heals it completely. All that's left is the blood staining his hand.

I look up at Deaton to see his gaze fixed on my eyes.

"Orange like fire," he says softly to himself. "A Phoenix."

"What does this mean?" I ask, glancing between Deaton and Liam who's looking at me with surprise.

"Phoenixes along with they're healing have abilities such as heightened senses, enhanced agility, strength, regenerative healing and endurance like werewolves. You're abilities have awakened. That's why you're glasses aren't working anymore," he comments. I reach up to my face where my glasses usually are resting.

I put them on this morning, but it made my vision blurry. When I wasn't wearing them, my eyesight was perfect. I didn't understand it then, but I do now.

"They also have, in some cases, the ability of controlling fire and flight," Deaton adds.

"She can fly?" Liam gasps and Stiles makes a weird choking noise behind me.

"It's extremely rare, but if you look with your werewolf eyes, you'll see her flames and wings," Deaton tells Scott.

I look over at the junior to see his eyes glowing red, then widen in surprise. "They're like-

"Kira's?" Deaton asks. "Yes, Phoenix and Kitsune both have auras around them."

"How am I even one in the first place?" I ask him.

"How well did you know you're actual birth father?" Deaton questions.

"Not well," Liam speaks up. "He left when we were young. Him and Mom weren't even married."

"Mom has never really talked about him," I add. "Could he have been a Phoenix."

"Since it is a gene that is passed down, yes, there is a great possibility that he was or still is."

"And now I'm back to being the only normal human in the group," Stiles mutters, crossing his arms moodily.

"Does this mean her name will be on the dead pool now?" Scott asks.

"Another high possibility," Deaton answers. "And that's why we need to figure out what Lily can do now so she might be able to protect herself."