What was she to him?

This was so damn confusing.

A knock at the door disrupted his thoughts.

"N-Naruto-kun, I made you breakfast if you're awake,"

He sat up quickly, his heart pounding, face flushed.

"Uh, I'll be right out! Thanks!"

He listened as she moved away from the door.

He stood for a moment, watching the drifting clouds beyond his window. She was just like those clouds. Soft and gentle yet nonconforming, refusing to be condensed into one shape or another, ever changing and shifting.

She felt as elusive and intangible as a soft billowing cloud.

He sighed.

Unfortunately, this cloud was turning him inside out, unable to figure out which way was up or down.

He turned towards the door and moved forward, stepping over and on the junk on his floor. The scent from the kitchen was mouthwatering. His inner turmoil forgotten for the moment as his stomach rumbled. He gripped his belly as he walked.

It felt like his stomach was touching his back bone!

He was freaking starving!

The kitchen and kitchen table came into view. To his surprise, Kiba was seated at the table, Akamaru sitting on the floor next to him.

"Kiba, what are you doing here?" he asked, surprised.

Akamaru wagged his tail, coming over to bump his head against Naruto's hand. Naruto pet the wiggling dog as he made his way over to the breakfast table.

"I'm sorry Naruto-kun," Hinata said turning from the stove, worry etched on her face, "I-I wanted to get your permission first but-"

"But who needs permission when we're all friends, right?" Kiba asked with a grin.

"Ehhhh, what a pushy guy so early in the morning," Naruto commented with his trademark, closed eyed, slightly annoyed expression on his face, "Don't worry Hinata, I already know this guy just barged his way in,"

Kiba grinned, shrugging his shoulders at the accurate statement. They both knew Hinata was too sweet to tell him to take a hike. Besides, it didn't really bother Naruto to have his friends come by his place.

"So what the heck are you doing here so early for anyways, Kiba?" Naruto questioned, petting Akamaru's head as he spoke.

Kiba tapped his nose, fangs gleaming as his lips spread into a bright smile.

"This nose can smell Hinata's cooking fifty miles away,"

"Hinata's cooking?"

"Of course! Her bentos are legendary, dude," Kiba explained, "Haven't you tried her cooking before?"

"K-Kiba-kun," Hinata stammered, embarrassed.

She held two plates in hand.

Naruto felt his cheeks heat.

She wasn't wearing her normal jacket and pants.

Her clothing was casual.

The lavender dress sprinkled with pale blue flowers that she wore really suited her. It wasn't tight but definitely flowed over her body in all the right places. The sleeves were loose, billowing over her hands, the hem of the skirt an inch above her knees. Her long hair was loosely braided and flung over her left shoulder. A white apron was tied around her waist, accenting those curves he'd only got a glimpse of last night.