Veintidos (22)

Normally when you wake up by the man of your dreams you hear birds chirping, the scent of roses fill your nose, the sound of the coffee pot brewing. right? WRONG. instead of waking up peacefully by the man of MY dreams I was throwing up. While the man of my dreams held back my hair. A not so beautiful morning. 

"Ugh, what the fuck is going on with me this is the 5th time I puked this morning" I grumbled. I threw on sweats a shirt some slippers and my robe after getting out of the shower. As I walk down the stairs, breakfast fills my nostrils. normally I would be running towards the kitchen for food but now the smell of it makes me want to puke. And I'm not going through that again.

"wait, why did I call him the man of my dreams if we're not dating?" I said to myself. I mean if he liked me that much, wouldn't we be dating already? oh well  all I can do is give it time. Man, do I always sound so needy?

Wait... am I .... PSHH nahh I'm just paranoid  its probably some flu that will be gone tomorrow. but why do I feel like I'm going to puke while eating breakfast?  "Angel baby breakfast is ready" Jose comes out with pancakes bacon and eggs. my favorite. but I don't want to eat anything.

I smiled as he kissed my forehead and I sat down. While he ate , I picked at my food rearranging it on my plate. "Hey,  you haven't touched your food, what's going on?" he asked. I sighed and pushed my plate away from me.

"Hold on" he said while getting up. his body language was bright and happy, like he was excited for something.

oh yeahhh today's my 21st birthday DUH ANGEL. Next thing I know I hear multiple voices singing 'happy birthday'. I turned around and I saw Manny, Rico and Sarah. Oh shoot, I also forgot that Rico and Sarah are now dating. I looked at them puzzled when I first saw them hand and hand. 

Yeah something is definitely wrong with me . " I cant even remember simple things" I mutter to myself.

Jose sets the cake down in front of me and I blow out my candles. He cuts me a piece, and I try and stomach it so I wouldn't look rude or unappreciative. A few hours passed after I open my gifts.

Jose runs upstairs to grab his gift he wanted to give me personally when we were alone. Did I brush my teeth this morning? oh yeah I did hehe. I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard footsteps swiftly rushing down the stairs. I stood up smoothing out the dress I threw on earlier since I didn't want to look sloppy on my birthday.

"Close your eyes" he said with joy lining his voice. I smiled and closed my eyes. "open them" he instructed. I did what he asked and I never thought I'd smiled so big in my life. he was on his knee holding a ring in his hand and said "will you do me the honor of being my girlfriend?" I giggled and nodded fiercely. He jumped up and slid the ring onto my finger. he picked me up and twirled me around.

I felt dizzy and nauseous so I told him to put me down for a second.

"what's wrong princesa?" he asked. I sat down trying to pull my self together to answer him.

I look up at him and tried to speak.

"I think something is wrong with me"