Diecinueve (19)

After she was buried we had a little get-together to celebrate her life. Sarah and I were at the bar talking about the good memories Angel gave us. that girl was so thoughtful and humble. she made sure everyone had a good time before she did. I really do regret what I did to her. if I didn't do that, she would have been alive right now. Rico put up a picture of her and she looked absolutely stunning.

"Hey, you ok man you've been drinking a lot" Rico said as he approached me. I plastered a fake smile on my face and nodded. He sat down next to me and took my cup from my mouth. "Hey what the hell man!" I exclaimed. "Jose, you can run from you stress by drinking, I know she meant the world to you, shit she means everything to me and Sarah." "look what I'm trying to say is, please don't beat yourself up about it." He looked at me with sorry eyes and I gave him a hug. "Thanks man" I said  he nods and Rico Sarah and I drank and talked about angel again.

"Ladies and Gentlemen can I have your attention please!" We all turned to the man onstage. "Angel gave us the best life she possibly could. As her older brother I have something to say" "she wanted me to tell the guy she loves the most besides our father, something" everyone chuckled a bit and I stood up and walked closer to her brother on the little lip that acts like a stage. 

"She wants to let Jose know that she wants him to..." he furrows his eyebrows, confused and he spoke up once more "she wants you to... turn around?" "what the hell" he mutters. he looks up and his whole expression changes. do I see a smile on his face?  I thought

Angel

I stepped in the nice air conditioned venue as my brother gave the speech he was supposed to. "man we have this so rehearsed this came out perfectly" I whispered to Sarah while she sat next to me behind the bar. she giggled and the pathway I was going to walk down formed perfectly. As I walked toward Jose he turned around and his facial expression was hard to read. he looked happy but he looked pissed off. He stood there like an idiot as I walked up to him. once I reached him, he grabbed me and held me close. I smiled as he spun me around. Once he put me down, he looked in my eyes and kissed me passionately and my family and our friends clapped and cheered. 

"wait a minute" he said after our lips detached "what?" I said trying to keep in my laugh. "so this whole thing was a prank?" He then pulled me outside before I could speak.

I giggled nervously and said "yeah it was". He stared at me blankly and said "why?" "Karma that's why, you shouldn't have shown Manny and Rico that video and I would have stayed at home and none of this would have happened" "just be glad I didn't actually die Jose, for once think about me this time" He grabbed me and held me. He stroked my hair and rubbed my back. "I'm sorry baby" he muttered. I pulled from his grasp and kissed him passionately. 

"I love you Jose"