Chapter Three:

En başından başla

     Kirstie glanced down at her flat stomach, the flat stomach which will never bulge anytime s**n, nodding, "Oh yeah."

     Jeremy squinted his eyes at this, but didn't say a word, as they waited patiently for everything to begin.

Eventually, Scott had arrived, quite silently, his earbuds currently in his ear. Humming Halo under his breath, totally off-key, he strode over by where they were all sitting on the couches, sitting right next to Kevin, rather than the typical choice of Mitch.

     "Ahem," Esther cleared her throat, as almost turned to face her. For Scott Hoying was still tapping away on his cell phone, while whistling the tune of Say My Name.

     "Scott!" Esther said harshly, as Scott finally turned off his phone, pulling his headphones out of his ears quite annoyedly, hissing, "What?"

     "Dude, listen to Esther," Kevin found himself saying, as Esther blushed unconsciously at Kevin's beautiful voice.

     "Oh...sorry."

     Scott looked down at his lap, as he felt Mitch's sharp glare on him. Mitch was not talking to him after that last straw, in which Scott snapped at Mitch. And Scott didn't blame him. It was all his fault; now he was sure Mitch was starting to hate him. If only he had the courage to say something.

     Esther sighed hopelessly, as she continued. "Look, we need to concentrate on finishing this album, because tour's going to start in literally two months. Now, I know that seems like a long time for y'all, but two months will hit us quicker by the second if we don't finish this album. I mean, c'mon, we have to finish the album, #Soon, anytime soon." [I don't remember whether I made up the album title of #Soon or if I heard it somewhere, because I just remembered that it would be a good album title, but if I didn't make this up, tell me, since idk anymore 😂]

     "Yeah, let's do this!" Jeremy added, as everyone cheered (many with less enthusiasm than the others; most of the Pentatonix members seemed to be drained thanks to their own problems).

     Ben walked in, remarking, "Now that's the spirit, guys! Take a lesson from Jer!"

     Everyone nodded, as they all got up instantaneously. They had work to do, that's for sure.

     And nothing...nothing could ever change that fact.
***********************************

     Mitch wiped off the beaded sweat off his brow, as he unlocked the door to his home. The house was blanketed in shadowy darkness, not anything to be seen, except for Wyatt's bright blue eyes shining in the midst of the room.

Wyatt purred quietly, as Mitch smiled at his little queen (yes, Wyatt can be annoying, but he still loved him no matter what). Mitch flipped on the light switch, as the room was illuminated, the wooden floors glistening with the golden rays of light.

     The sphinx cat hummed, as Mitch picked him up, kissing the top of his grey, bald head.

     Wyatt meowed, as Mitch nodded in agreement, "I love you too, queen!"

     He walked over to the kitchen counters, still cradling Wyatt until he placed him back on the ground, so that he could grab the Beyoncé mug (obviously bought by yours truly, Scott Richard Hoying) and pour some coffee for himself.

Mitch grinned at his little baby all asleep, as he stopped towards the sight of the glimmering piano in the corner of the living room, its glossy raven sheen slipping into the night. Mitch sat down on the stool, his fingers at the smooth keys, immediately playing a melody. [He's playing the piece that I put in the media box. It's a piece called Folia, a Baroque piece and I'm actually learning it 😄. It's one of my favorite melodies ever.]

Recently, he'd been interested in the piano again (he always loved it, but recently, he played on it with all his heart, all his sensations soaring away into song), ever since Scott and him were growing apart, actually. He loved it more than ever now, fully into learning any piece, Baroque, Classical, Romantic, Contemporary, you name it. Mostly Romantic, though, for the pieces seemed to fly off his fingers, the mystical melodies melting into his life, the sudden anger of the harsh chords or the sweet softness of the arpeggios depicting his everyday mood. Yet, he currently wanted to play his favorite Baroque piece, a piece which always calmed him through even the darkest of times.

And so he continued to play, the harmonious lullabies serenading the velvety night, the piece and the darkness weaving together to form a blended haze of beauty and mystery, of what was to come next. Indicating his own situation. What was to come next with his problems with Scott. Were they through? Or would they give each other more chances? Could Mitch finally tell Scott of his hidden love? Mitch didn't know what was to come. So that's why the piece was fitting, for it demonstrated his ignorance perfectly.

So he played and played. Over and over again. Until his emotions all poured out, not from his fingers, but from his eyes. Until everything was clear and blurred at the same time.

Mitch sniffled. Everything was going to be okay in the end, right?
***********************************

Kevin beamed at the man lounging next to him, who was humming a folk song, while picking at his beard at the same time.

Goodness, Avi Kaplan couldn't really change, could he?

Kevin laughed at this, as Avi turned to face him, remarking, "So, how's Pentatonix? Everyone good?"

Kevin sighed at this, not wanting to remember the recent meetings in the studio and rehearsals.

Avi raised a brow at this, noting, "Not good?"

Kevin hesitated, before recalling that Avi was his brother, he could tell him almost anything.

Almost anything. For he definitely wouldn't tell Avi about his crush on Esther. Never.

"Well...the rest are kind of drifting apart. Like Scömìche, not as close as they used to be. And you'd expect that Jeremy and Kirstie would be extremely close, but they aren't that close. But maybe they are, and I'm just wrong, since they are having a kid," Kevin continued on, as Avi choked, his face turning bright red, as his hands were holding his throat.

Kevin came over and patted Avi's back, making sure that Avi was okay.

"You alright there?" Kevin asked with a concerned expression plastered over his face.

Avi simply bowed his head down, nodding, before he looked up for a second.

"Kirstie's pregnant?" Avi questioned in a tone Kevin couldn't identify.

"Yeah, isn't it great? Our little sister is all grown up!" Kevin exclaimed, as Avi bit his lip.

"Just wonderful!"

That's the end of the chappie! Hope u enjoyed and have a wonderful day/night! Goodbyeee!