Wendy x Romeo | Best Friends

Start from the beginning

"Right. That'll be fun" [Name] nodded. She can just ask Wendy when they go back to Fairy Hills for the night. It shouldn't be difficult.

The problem was Romeo. How would she get him alone without them suspecting something?

"Let's go look at the request board then, what are we waiting for?" Romeo asked, pushing away from the table. He was clearly the most excited out of the two.

"But I just sat down..." [Name] whined, pouting.

"Come on [Nickname]! Let's go" Wendy smiled, pulling [Name] off the chair. She reluctantly followed as they walked over to the request board.

"Which job should we take?" Romeo wondered, looking over the jobs.

"Maybe something that's not so dangerous and has nothing to do with fighting?" Wendy suggested.

"No, let's take this one, we can totally take bandits" [Name] spoke up, pointing to the job request. Totally ignoring Wendy's suggestion.

"Somehow, I don't think my dad would let me..." Romeo muttered.

"I don't think Carla would allow me to come..." Wendy paled.

"Oh... never mind then..." [Name] looked down, slightly disappointed. She suddenly perked up, remembering something. Something important to this matchmaking mission.

[Name] reached into her pocket to pull out three pieces of paper from the very bottom of it.

"Hey! Instead of a job, I have a better idea!" [Name] announced, excited.

"Really? What is it?" Wendy asked as [Name] showed them the tickets.

"Three tickets to the festival that's in Magnolia for the new year! I almost forgot about it, why don't we all go together?" [Name] asked, smiling widely.

"Festival? That sounds great! It'll be so fun!" Wendy said, eyes sparkling. "The sweets!"

"Yeah! I can't wait!"

"Yup. We can all go tomorrow night!" [Name] smiled happily.

But of course, she won't be going. Least not with them. They had to be alone.

"Great!" Wendy and Romeo both exclaimed together.

"You know, you two could make such a cute couple!" [Name] innocently pointed out.

"W-What?!"

"See? You're even synchronised!" [Name] grinned, watching as the two blushed.

"N-No we're not! What makes you say that?"

"Don't worry about it!" [Name] said, swinging an arm around the two of them as she walked them back to their table.

The two of them eventually calmed down and they started to talk normally once again, but [Name] would notice that Wendy and Romeo would occasionally sneak glances at the other.

'Well, everything is going smoothly I suppose...' [Name] thought in her mind as she looked at her two best friends.

What to do next?

"Wendy? Natsu and Gray landed themselves in the infirmary! Could you please just check up on them?" Lucy asked as she ran over.

"Oh sure Lucy-San!" Wendy said, standing up.

"What perfect timing..." [Name] whispered under her breath and Lucy and Wendy ran back towards the infirmary.

[Name] turned around to see Mira humming happily as she cleaned a glass. It had to be her...