Natsu x Reader x Sting | Bonds

Start from the beginning

"I can take care of myself!" Sting defended as [Name] lead him out of the forest.

"You definitely can. Don't worry, I've helped plenty of kids before. They've all had the same attitude as you" [Name] mused as they stepped out of the dark forest. 

"[Name]!!"  a voice called out from the sky. The two looked up to see a blue cat, flying in the air. "Natsu's been looking everywhere for you! I was really worried too!" 

"Don't worry Happy, but you picked a really simple job, we'll have to find another one!" [Name] grinned as Happy hugged her. "How boring. Let's head back to the guild now"

"Take me with you!" Sting perked up, making Happy look at him curiously. 

"Who's that?" Happy asked. 

"Don't worry, tell Natsu to get our bags, here's my keys. I'll meet you guys at the edge of town. I am not going on that death trap" 

"Okay!" Happy said, taking the keys that [Name] dangled in front of her. He flew off. 

[Name] knelt down to Sting's height and patted his head, giving a closed eyes smile. The younger boy couldn't take his eyes off her as he blushed. 

"Join a guild when you grow up alright? I have a feeling that you'll fit right in. Don't waste your powerful magic potential. The bonds of a guild will help you a lot" [Name] told him, giving the boy some jewels. "Take the money. You look like you're hungry"

"But--" 

"Alright, I hope to see you again in the future" [Name] told him, standing up again. She walked away, waving. 

Sting silently followed her, watching as she happily greeted the pink haired boy. Watching their interacted, he silently made a vow. A vow to make her notice him. 

"Natsu! Let's go!" [Name] happily took her bag from him. Natsu swung an arm around her shoulders. 

"Yeah! We've got to come back here though, the food's great"

"Of course that's what he cares about" Happy laughed. 

"You aren't any better cat" [Name] told the cat sitting on her head with a grin on her face. 

"Aye!"

∞∞∞

Seven or so years later, the entire Fairy Tail A team jumped down from the stands as Minerva brutally dropped Lucy to the floor. Thankfully, Gray and Natsu caught her. 

[Name] glared hatefully at Minerva, Erza by her side as they stood in front.

"What the hell have you done?!" Natsu and her asked at the same time. If looks could kill then the devil of a woman would already be dead. 

"What's with that look? I simply took advantage of the rule" Minerva spoke, descending from the sphere. "Rather, you should be grateful to me for letting her keep second place. I guess that she did not understand. She's useless trash." 

After hearing those words, [Name] stepped forward, as if to attack her. Erza pulled on her arm, stopping the girl as three other members of the Sabertooth team appeared. 

"Don't" 

"Let go Erza! I can bloody take them all out by myself" [Name] seethed through her teeth as Natsu and Gray stood by their sides. "I'll kill them right now" 

"I'll be right behind you" Natsu said, clear anger in his voice. 

"They aren't worth our time. Stand back" Erza warned. [Name]'s fist shook, but she did as she was told, stepping back next to Natsu. 

She remembered the kid from seven years ago. She remembers Sting. He had seemed so kindhearted, but looks can be deceiving. He was almost certainly different now. 

"I don't care if you're the strongest, or number one in Fiore. I will only say one thing. You have made enemies of the worst guild to anger" Erza told him darkly, glaring at them the same way that [Name] did. 

Sting looked to [Name] briefly. She was still the same. She still underestimated his abilities. He'll show her his strength, he'll get noticed for sure. 

As the teams retreated, [Name] bent down to pick up Lucy's keys from the ground. Natsu waited for her and hushed whispers were exchanged between the two. 

They've been by each other's side ever since they were children. Natsu and [Name] shared an inseparable bond. The best of friends, perhaps something more. 

As [Name] and Natsu whispered to each other, lagging behind the rest of the Fairy Tail team. Occasionally, they would glare back at the Sabertooth team. 

[Name]'s grip on Lucy's keys tightened as they all glowed, as though they were worried for their master. Angry for her. 

"Don't worry" [Name] promised the keys. She wasn't a celestial mage, but their anger were as clear as day to anyone. "We'll get our revenge on them. That's a promise we don't ever intend on breaking"

"I'll burn that Sting guy to ashes. I'm all fired up now!" Natsu announced, punching his own hand. 

[Name] and Natsu glanced to each other with a nod. A silent agreement between the two of them. 

Fairy Tail will rise. They will win the Grand Magic Games. No one can or will stop them. 

Fairy Tail will be number one once again. 

"Once this is all over, let's go on a job. Just the three of us, like back then" Natsu said, in a somber voice. 

"Yeah. Some peace and quiet would be great" [Name] agreed as they walked into the infirmary, waiting for Lucy to wake up. 

When Makarov walked into the room, announcing that both teams would need to be combined, [Name] was determined. Because of the feud between Sabertooth and Fairy Tail, it was quite obvious who they were going to do the tag team battle against. 

"I'll definitely get revenge for Lucy! I won't forgive them for laughing at our friends!!" Natsu growled. 

"Count me in Master. I'll give them hell to pay for for that" [Name] agreed. 

And so, a new team was formed. Made of four dragon slayers and the Queen of the Fairies herself. An bound to be unbeatable team. That's who they were. 

The match with Sabertooth came soon and [Name] waited outside Lucy's infirmary as Natsu went in to talk with her. She grew excited for the match, though she wasn't excited that she would be facing Sting.

That little kid from before grown up in a corrupt guild. A guild who kicked out their own family without reason has no rights to call themselves guild. The only bond they have is a broken one. 

"You ready?" Natsu asked, walking out of the room. [Name] glanced up, giving him a confident smile. He held out his hand.

"You bet. Let's win and make everyone proud" she told him, heart hammering in her chest. She gripped his hand as they shared a smile. 

They've worked together all these years. They've grown a friendship like no other. They are the closest people in the guild. Their bond will last forever. 

[Name] and Natsu walked into the stadium, where the crowd started to cheer. They either chanted Fairy Tail or Sabertooth. It didn't matter though, her family was cheering the loudest out of everyone while Sabertooth barely spoke. 

'That's what the bonds of family, the bonds of a guild, are meant to be' [Name] thought in her head, looking at Sting with pity in her eyes. 'I pity that you do not feel them' 

 "Let's do this then, [Name] " Natsu muttered to her, ready to start at any given second. "I'm counting on you" 

"I know" [Name] smiled, dashing forward at an incredible speed. "Then what are you waiting for? Let's go!" 

With that, the battle of the four Dragon Slayers truely began. Both teams shared a bond between themselves, but who is it that will win? (No duh it's Fairy Tail)

~~~ End ~~~