Laxus x Mute! Shy! Reader | Fragments of the Past

Start from the beginning

The children who survived, expect for [Name], were all lifeless. They were like broken dolls. The light had disappeared from their eyes. None of them responded anything that the rune knights asked them.

The little [Hair Colour] haired girl was taken to a guild to keep her magic under control under the current master's orders when he was brought news of her. Her voice no longer made a sound.

That guild?

Fairy Tail.

∞∞∞

[Name] made friends with a boy similar to her age. He was one of the first to approach her, since his grandfather had told him to.

Before Laxus' father was excommunicated, he was a kind boy and insisted on being friends with the girl who rarely made herself noticed. She didn't, or rather couldn't, speak to anyone.

[Name] was afraid of her own power. She could hear things that other people couldn't. She could hear all their wishes, their desires, no matter how big or small. Though she grew closer to Laxus, she grew wary of his father, Ivan.

She believed that what she heard was wrong, so she thought nothing of it. After all, she was only a child.

She grew up waking up to nightmares every night, sweating and terrified. Every morning, when she glanced outside at the daylight, she relived the terror of being an experiment.

She wakes up every morning to fear the day that was to come, thinking that she could be injected with the poison again, that she would be forced into the machine once more, that more cuts would be made on her skin.

She was afraid to hear the screams of horror in the hallways.

But then, she would remember that she is safe. That she is in Fairy Tail, where she was a person. She was herself and not a mere experiment.

Still, even with that assurance, she stayed quiet and in the shadows, just like she had done in that nightmare of a place. She did nothing to raise attention to herself.

She was haunted by the fragments of her past.

The past of a person affects their personality and affects who they are in the present and who they will be in the future. It can cause a person to change, for better or worse, no one knows.

For the price of magic, she paid a toll with her voice. She was never meant to be a mage, never born with the magic potential that some others have, but it jus happened for a price. She wouldn't have changed her decision for the world.

To pay a voice in return for the freedom of so many others.

In the spilt second between the explosion and her gaining magical abilities, [Name] heard it. They still haunt her mind today. She heard hundreds of voices. All of them wished to die. They prayed for death.

After a few months, [Name] felt as though she could no longer ignore her instinct and she decided to concentrate on Ivan's wish, making sure that she did not accidentally grant it.

She heard his evil mind. His evil intentions and darkest desire.

Immediately, she informed Makorov, who took action to check if what she heard were correct. Within months, Ivan was banished and Laxus, as a teen showed changes for the worse because of his father's excommunication.

[Name] stayed by Laxus' side, trying to silently help him just as he had done to her, but it was no use. His eagerness to prove himself as his own person did no help whatsoever.

In his late teens, Laxus pushed his own girlfriend away as he started forming his own plans. [Name] was concerned. Very concerned for the future as she warned Makarov once again.