Cobra x Mute! Reader | Always Together | Part 2

Start from the beginning

"I ain't adorable either" Erik commented, closing his eyes. "You're the adorable one"

This time, it was [Name]'s turn to blush as she turned away, her heart beating faster and faster.

Erik smirked upon noticing this fact, but didn't say anything more.

[Name] didn't understand, they've been dating for a while already, so why do such simple words still turn her face a crimson red?

She silently shook her head and her hand continued to run a hand through his hair.

The phone on the table rang and Erik winced, but made no action to reach for the phone.

[Name] was confused with his action and reached out to take the phone herself. She noticed that it was Sawyer.

"Leave it" Erik said, turning back around. He took the phone out of [Name]'s hand and placed back on the table. "If it's Sawyer then he's asking me to help him with homework. I ain't doing that"

[Name] shook her head at his behaviour, as his left eye looked at her. His right eye had that scar over it, which he got to protect her...

"Stop thinking about it. It wasn't your fault" Erik said and [Name] shook her head sadly.

She should've been more careful. She should've been more aware of her surroundings.

Then she wouldn't have run into that group of people. Then Erik wouldn't have had to save her and he wouldn't have received the scar...

He can no longer see out of his right eye and it was all her fault... so she believed.

"Thought I told you to stop thinking about it" Erik spoke, looking right at [Name].

'But it was my fault...'

"I was careless alright? Stop worrying" Erik assured her.

Tears started walking up in [Name]'s eyes as she continued to shake her head. Her hand started shaking slightly.

"Come on, don't cry alright?" Erik asked, a hand on her cheek. She hesitantly nodded, wiping away the tears that threatened to fall.

She smiled slightly before Erik's phone rang again. He cursed under his breath as he reached out to decline it.

But [Name] was quick to snatch it away and answer it instead, placing it to Erik's ear.

Erik looked at her before looking to the name on the screen. Macbeth.

"What do you want?"

"The whole team's going out tonight, are you planning on joining us?"

"No. I don't. It's too loud" Erik answered. "And I ain't gonna to do Sawyer's report for him either"

"What about [Name]? Is she going to come?"

"No, she's not. Besides, she doesn't like going out at night. She's just too nice to admit it"

"I see, then I'll tell everyone. I'll see you tomorrow"

"Yeah, see you" Erik said, hearing Macbeth end the call.

'What was that about?'

"They're all going out again. I'm not going and you aren't either"

[Name] tilted her head in slight confusion.

"I'll trust you with the girls, but not with the guys as well. Who knows what they're going to do"

'Erik, they're your friends'

Erik didn't reply and only looked away, closing his eye. [Name] smiled slight, realising.

'You're quite overprotective' 

"No I'm not" Erik quickly denied.

'I'm going to start cooking dinner, you'll be staying?'

"Yeah sure" Erik replied, not moving.

'I hope you realise that means you have to move'

"Can't be bothered"

[Name] stared at him, waiting patiently. She had nothing on her mind. All she did was wait.

Eventually, Erik gave up and sat up, crossing his arm slightly. [Name] smiled slightly, kissing his cheek before standing up and walking to the kitchen.

In just a short while, [Name] finished making dinner and walked back to her couch to find Erik asleep.

She smiled slightly before lightly shaking the boy awake. He opened his eye and stood up, following [Name] to the table.

He took a seat and started to eat, mind still groggy. [Name] started laughing silently.

"I told you, I ain't cute"

'I think it is cute though. You know, you don't have to pretend to need help with homework to see me. You're invited anytime'

Erik immediately looked away, neither confirming nor denying what she said.

~~~ End ~~~