Zeref x Reader | A Story With No End | AU

Start from the beginning

She told him a belief that she had.

She believed that if he truely loved her as well, that they would meet once again in another life.

They had shared a first and final kiss and [Name] never moved again after that. Least, in that time.

Out of grief, Zeref had pushed the same blade into himself, wondering what the point of living was anymore without her.

Before, he was a boy who knew nothing about love. After he met [Name], he suddenly found himself needing that love everyday.

He needed her to be by his side. He had finally found someone who made him feel at ease. As luck would have it, that person was his target.

And he two died together, hands laced together.

If not for the blood and the wounds, they could've been simply asleep.

But the story doesn't end there. [Name]'s belief was right and destiny was cruel to the two.

They were both reborn again in a different era. She, as a knight and he as the prince of the enemy kingdom.

The two met once again during a war between the two kingdoms. But this time, she was sent to kill him.

As soon as she saw Zeref, her heart had pounded and the knife which was in her hand as dropped. Clattering to ground, gaining his attention.

The prince had turned around just as she had fell to the ground, her heart and head in agonising pain.

Despite recognising her as the enemy, Zeref had gone to her to see if she was alright.

But [Name] had pushed him away, feeling her heart beat faster at his touch.

[Name] had fled at the time, her heart pounding heavily in her chest, her mind a mess.

Zeref had watched her leave, feeling as though she was important. He wanted to meet her again, it didn't matter if she was the enemy.

They met again a few months later on the sideline of the battlefield. [Name] had been wounded with a cut on her back and another cut on her right arm.

She had fled to the sides, where there was no battle. But Zeref had been watching the battle from there.

Without any hesitance, he had helped her. They grew closer with that one meeting.

They continued to meet day after day at the same place. One meeting turned into two, two in three and three into many more.

Just like their past life, they fell in love once more. But like their past life, their happiness that they shared did not last.

Their secret was found out by [Name]'s kingdom and [Name] was publicly executed on the accusation of treason within the country.

Zeref was also executed a few weeks later, when the other side won the war.

From there on, they were reincarnated many times. Every time, they found each other and fell in love, no matter what the situation.

But their love was like a curse. It was so beautiful yet so tragic at the same time.

The heavens were cruel and it was like a sick joke. They would be born and reborn. They would meet time and time again.

But their love would never last. The Gods were against them. They didn't approve of their love.

Star crossed lovers separated by a cruel twist of fate.

That was who they were.

I've watched them fall in love time and time again. I've even lost count. It was always beautiful.

Once, it was a rich boy and a poor girl, who had no one in the world to rely one.

Every time they were reborn was like a new story. But the ending to that story always seemed to be the same.

The first time was tear jerking. But as they continued to be reborn, the endings became no longer saddening and sorrowful.

They became mundane and dull. It was like the same boring lecture in school on a topic that you've already learnt on a tape that kept on rewinding itself.

Every time I saw them fall in love, I grew sad knowing that the story there had already ended there.

When I said at the beginning that this no fairy tale, I did not mean that because this story had an unhappy end.

Some fairy tales do have tragic ends.

I said that this is no fairy tale because this is a story with no end.

This story of [Name] and Zeref has no end.

How many times will the Gods force them to be reborn? How many times will they be forced to watch the other die?

Even I cannot answer that.

For all I know, after I finish telling you this story, they may finally be free from their cruel destiny. They may even become gods.

There is no telling what may happen next.

Fairy tales are all the same. They start with an 'Once upon a time' and end with 'The End'.

This is no fairy tale.

This story has no end.