Chapter 6: Home

The kid began to sing, "He was looking kind of dumb with his finger and his thumb In the shape of an 'L' on his forehead."  The kid made an L out of his hand, put it against his forehead, and shouted, "Loser!"

Reluctantly Harry turned back around in his seat, and let out a long sigh.

"Are you having issues over there?" Asked Draco sarcastically.

"Ha ha," said Harry dryly.

On the other side of Draco, Theo boringly flipped through a magazine. "What exactly is the plan for when we land? Are we just going to show up to Hogwarts and expect Professor McGonagall to be there? It is the middle of summer."

"Oh, she'll be there." Promised Harry.

"How do you know that?" Questioned Draco, with a bit of edge in his voice.

"She never leaves the castle during breaks, even when we went to Hogwarts she didn't. Besides do you really think McGonagall's going to leave the castle unattended?" Enlightened Harry.

For a moment none of them said anything, then Draco summarized what he thought they were gonna be doing, "So, after spending not even twenty-four hours in America, we're going to turn back around, go back to England, find Professor McGonagall, and hope for all of this to be over with?"

"Pretty much," answered Harry flatly.

"You really don't know what you're doing, do you?"

"Nope."

* * * * *

As soon as they stepped back onto UK soil, the three of them found the nearest secluded spot and apperated to Hogsmeade. It was nice to see such a familiar place after being somewhere so far from home.

Walking through Hogsmeade reminded them of their time back at Hogwarts. If you would've told the three of them back then that they would be walking civilly down the street together, they'd laugh in your face.

"I feel like this has all been almost a little too easy." Admitted Draco, as he walked across the cobblestone path.

Harry muttered, "Please don't jinx this." 

"I'm just sayin-" Started Draco.

Theo cut him off, frantically whispering in a low voice, "I think someone's following us. Look over your left shoulder."

Both of them turned their heads at the same time, and sure enough there was someone standing just a short distance off from the path. 

"Who's there?!" Yelled Draco.

There was a rustling in the leaves and Neville Longbottom appeared from behind the tree. 

"Harry, is that you?" Asked the Neville, confused.

Some what surprised, Harry took a moment to gather his thoughts, "Yeah, it's me."

"W-what," he began, "Are you doing with them?"

Harry answered by saying, "It's a long story. Do you happen to know if Professor McGonagall is up at the castle?"

"Yeah, I saw her up there earlier today." He responded, looking a bit antsy.

"Okay...Well, it was nice seeing you." Responded Harry as he turned around and made his way towards the castle. He glanced back where Neville was standing, and saw him holding hands with a woman. Harry could've sworn that it was Hannah Abbot, but what does he know?

Eventually they made it to the gates of Hogwarts, and to their pleasure they were greeted by Mr. Filtch.

"What do you three want?" He spat, "I  thought I was done with you." 

Draco had to stop himself from rolling his eyes at him, "We need to see Professor McGonagall."

Filtch hesitated for a moment, "Okay, go on... If you do anything stupid I will personally make sure you pay for it."

"Yeah, yeah," muttered Harry as he walked away, "Nothing I haven't heard before."

* * * * * 

Up at the castle the three of them approached the gargoyle statue. Over the years the password to the headmasters office has changed many times, Harry can't even begin to imagine what Professor McGonagall might have set it to be. 

Draco just started to guess passwords out of sheer boredom, "cats, butterbeer, pickle juice."

From behind them a familiar voice said, "Pickle juice is a rather odd password don't you think, Mr. Malfoy?"

All three of them turned around to greet their former professor. 

"Definitely, Professor McGonagall." Answered Draco.

Professor McGonagall looked the three of them over again, "This sure is an odd combination of people. What exactly could I help you three with?"

Harry and Draco looked over at each other, wondering the same thing. Should we just be straight  forward? 

Draco just came out and said, "We're looking for something Professor Dumbledore left behind. It should probably look like this." He gestured to what Harry was holding.

McGonagall took the object from Harry's hands and studied it. She thought for a moment before responding, "I know exactly where it is." Immediately she mumbled the password to her office and began to climb the stairs. The other three followed right behind her. "After Albus had died I came up here to assume my position as Headmistress. It didn't take me too long to find what you three were looking for. He kept it underneath the hollow part of fawkes'  stand. There was a note attached to it saying to keep it hidden until someone who is worthy comes along." She crossed the floor of her office and took all the locks and charms off one of the cabinets. After a couple of moments she pulled out an object identical to the one in Harry's pocket.

Author's Note:

Please don't yell at me. I know that I haven't updated since early September and I'm really sorry about that. I've just been really busy with college tours, applications, school work, and to be honest binge watching Supernatural (I'm obsessed right now). If your supernatural fan drop a comment! Anyways, I hope y'all enjoy this chapter there's more to come and possibly some Dramione action *wiggles eyebrow*.

- MC