Chapter Two:

Depuis le début

"Good morning," Mitch began, his nerves jolting him.

Scott's concentrated features softened, his eyes gazing up at Mitch, rather than the squinted stare he was giving to his phone.

"Oh, hey Mitch. Didn't see you there," Scott chuckled, as Mitch bit his lip uncomfortably.

Scott immediately turned red, mentally slapping himself. Why couldn't he just tell Mitch how he felt?

Mitch swept his foot on the wooden floor back and forth, back and forth. Swish swash. Swish swash.

He continued, as they faced each other in awkward, icy silence.

Swish swash. sWiSh sWaSh. SWISH SWASH. Scott had enough, his bottled anger finally exploding, but unfortunately on the person who was victim to it being let out.

"Stop doing that!!!" Scott screamed, his face crimson, as Mitch flinched almost instantly.

"I-I'm sorry," Mitch yelped, as he stumbled out of the living room, walking into kitchen instead.

Wyatt meowed loudly as if in annoyance (perhaps that cat knew of their feelings towards each other), as Scott groaned at himself.

What had he just done? He yelled at Mitch instead of confessing his love for him. Why did he screw up everything?

Wyatt simply purred, licking his paw, then running off to the kitchen where Mitch now stood.

"Wonderful, just wonderful," Scott threw his phone across the room, thankfully not breaking due to his protective case.
***********************************

Kevin gulped down the last bit of his syrupy waffle, mumbling into the phone, "Hey Avi, I'm sorry I didn't answer your call. I was asleep...as usual, and didn't see it until this morning. So how's life?"

What he heard next caught him by surprise.

"Kevin, it's Esther," Her voice rang like clear bells, as she laughed softly.

"Oh, hey Esther," Kevin said cheerfully, as he stood up from the dining chair, pacing around the breakfast table quite excitedly.

"Hi Kevin," she giggled again, as she mentally smacked herself. What was she doing, giggling flirtatiously at Kevin? She had Darien; why couldn't she get over this stupid crush?

"What's up? How's the annual camping trip?"

Esther felt her heart pound, as she gazed wistfully back at her parents, Josh, Avi, and Darien all cheerfully singing around the campfire, the orange flames shivering in the chilly air. She wrapped her wool scarf around her neck, exclaiming, "It's great as usual!"

Kevin smiled sadly, his eyes gleaming with fresh tears...she was so happy; why couldn't he be the same and continue on with his life instead of this 'love'?

"That's wonderful!" Kevin responded- and he meant it. It was wonderful that the Kaplan-Koop family were having a fun time, especially since he knew how tough it was for all of them with Avi leaving Pentatonix. Yet, it was okay, since they had a new bass (Avi is clearly irreplaceable, but they needed one to fill their sound), and Avi seemed happier than ever. Speaking of Avi, Kevin knew that he had to ask.

"How's Avi?" Kevin inquired politely, as Esther felt a bit awkward all of a sudden.

Of course, he didn't want to talk to her. It was Avi's phone after all, so he clearly called for Avi. She needed to forget this stupid crush, to forget that it ever existed in her heart. For, she was married, and Kevin would never want her. Ever.

"I can give him the phone, he'll tell you for sure, but by the looks of it...and by that I mean his superfrown, he's hungry!" Esther glanced back at Avi, who began to walk over, seeing that Esther was talking to Kevin.

"Okay, Essie, then I'll talk to you later!"

"Bye, Kevin. Nice talking to you."

"Hey, it's just me, Avi!"

Yeah, that is le end of le second chapter! Hope ya enjoyed and have a great day! gOoDbYe!