"Here you both need to take these. They will change your appearances to everyone accept each other. It will also conceal any supernatural aura's you may be projecting. Also, I know you two are looking for a place to stay and I insist you stay upstairs. I have a small two bedroom apartment up there that's fully protected. It must have been calling to you because it has a spell on it that conceals itself. It's a sign that you are meant to stay in it."

"Thank you. Are you sure it wouldn't put you out?" Eric asked her in a more calm voice.

"Are you a threat to me?" She asked him in a motherly tone.

"No Ma'am. Not at all." Eric sounded a bit taken back and she smiled at him.

"Good. I'll rather enjoy having a young-ling' running around again. I love babies and it's clear you two need the protection I can give you. I insist you stay."

Before Eric could speak, I moved around him and hugged the woman to me. "Thank you so much. You have no idea how much we needed this." My emotions were so up and down but the woman laughed and hugged me back.

"You're welcome child. Your only job now is to stay safe and take care of that baby boy."

I don't know how we'd finally caught a break, but we did. Marilyn, the old woman we a god send. She didn't give me any hint of being dishonest and it was clear Larissa was taken with her. She'd never had a mother and Marilyn mothered Larissa almost to the point of annoyance.

Marilyn gave us some furniture from her store to use and I bought a bed for us to use. In no time at all, I'd given Larissa the home she was so desperately seeking.

Three days after we'd found this apartment, I woke to a sleeping, beautiful woman next to me. I smiled at her and resisted the urge to reach out and touch her. Her skin was glowing, her hair was so soft and her smell consumed me.

She shifted slightly and moaned, making me reach out and touch her beautiful face. She moved her head against my face and I smiled.

"How long have you been watching me, husband?" She'd been calling me husband since Marilyn had called her my wife a few days ago. I'd been thinking long and hard about this and I knew what my next move was going to be.

"Larissa, can we talk a second?" I acted like I was upset and I even made myself feel upset. Larissa gasped and moved so she was facing me.

"Sure, Eric. What's up?"

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I felt bad, making her think I was upset but this was for her own good. Our connection was too strong to do it any other way.

"I've been thinking about you and I lately and I'm not happy."

"What the hell do you mean you aren't happy? We are going to have a baby, Eric. You're going to be a father and you're just going to leave because you aren't happy?"

Larissa jumped out of bed and started pacing around the room. I couldn't get her to calm down without giving it away, so I got out of bed and moved to her.

I placed my hands on her arms and she shrugged them off and took a step back.

"Don't touch me. You don't get to touch me," She snapped at me and if looks could kill I would surely be dead.

I placed my hands on her shoulders and kept them there until she stopped struggling.

"Are you calm now?" I asked her softly. I dropped all of the anger and filled myself with how I really felt. Love.

Larissa's eyes snapped up to mine and understood.

"You misunderstood me and I admit I wanted you to this I was upset so I could do this."