Chapter 14

Michael dragged me, kicking and screaming to a room. He threw me in and locked us both in there. I was out of breath, pissed off and lusting after Eric. I wasn't in the mood for this shit. I quickly looked around the room for another way out. Michael was bent over, his hands on his knees; breathing like he'd just ran five miles. I smiled, knowing I'd given him a run for his money to get here.

"Larissa?" My eyes snapped back to Michael and his nasty tone. I didn't answer him and I wasn't going to. I watched him take a few steps closer to me and stop. His face said he was thinking about something hard but then I realized that he was trying to read my mind... and couldn't.

I raised my eyebrows and smirked. That only set him off more.

"You think your smart don't you?" Again, I didn't answer him, I only smirked.

We danced around the room in a circle, eying each other and waiting for someone to make the first move. I wasn't quite sure what Michael was trying to make me do but I knew I had to get out of here.

'Eric, how much longer?' I pushed out to him, almost in an angry tone.

'I'm having some trouble getting out of the cell, but it shouldn't be much longer. Michael calls for more guards.'

My eyes glared at Michael and it was his turn to smirk. "I can't hear you my dear, but I think I know why you're giving me that death stare. Eric's having trouble isn't he?" I wasn't going to answer him but I cursed to myself. I guess I was starting this pony show by myself.

"Nope, Eric's doing fine. I wanted to say thank you for putting us together in that cell though. Fully bonding agrees with me." I smiled and readied myself for some serious retaliation.

"You stupid bitch. You think bonding with Eric is going to stop me from taking what I want from you? You think you're that much stronger than me? You think you're faster than me? Well, you’re wrong."

Before I could think, Michael had me pressed against the wall with his hands around my neck. I could feel his breath on my face and it made me sick. Having another man this close to me made me literally sick. Michael released one hand from my neck and I used that to my advantage. I pressed on his chest as hard as I could, making him stumble back.

I moved to the other side of the room and dropped to my knees, needing air. He was strong and very fast. I wasn't so sure I could keep him at bay much longer. Before I could get up, there was this horrible pain in my head. I grabbed it and yelled.

'Eric? Are you OK?' I waited a second and he didn't respond. My eyes shot in Michael’s direction only to see him moving to kick me in the stomach. My body flew against the wall, hitting my head and knocking me out cold.

I watched Michael take Larissa and my body felt like it was on fire with anger. Martin moved in front of me and I smiled. This six foot, seven inch, three hundred and fifty pound man didn't scare me at all anymore. I let him charge at me and before I could blink, I'd snapped his head off, throwing it across the room.

I moved towards the door and ran into the hall. I'd been down here a few days now and I knew how to get through the maze of tunnels to get out. As I rounded the corner, the last thing I expected to see was twenty fully armed vampires... all ordered to catch and kill me.

Taking a deep breath, I readied myself for the fight and ran at the first one I saw.

After a few minutes and Larissa asking me where I was, I felt myself getting tired. It was like they didn't care if they died. All they cared about was making me tired so they could capture me. Then it hit me that that was exactly what they were doing. I needed to get away from then and try to catch my breath. I needed to get blood and recharge fully.