Chapter 7

"Eric?" I felt all of these crazy emotions being sent to me and I couldn't process them that quickly. I'd just had the weirdest dream of my life and now I'm cold and in pain.

"Slone? My God. You're awake?" He rushed to my side. I was blinking over and over to try and get my eyes to refocus. I literally felt like I'd been run over by a truck. "Slone, baby.. Can you hear me?" The tone of Eric's voice was urgent and pained.

I cleared my throat and opened my eyes again, taking in his handsome face. "Eric, come here." My request came out as a whisper but Eric was right there next to me. He placed his hand on my cheek and I moved my head to cuddle close to it.

"I'm here Love, you're OK now." His soft touch was calling to my body and as I thought about that, I realized I didn't hurt anymore. All of a sudden, I wasn't in pain. Did his touch take it all away? "Yeah Slone, I think it did. I can hear you loud and clear again and this time I'm not going to tune you out. I thought I'd lost you for good. You really can't get away from me now alright?" Eric moved his head to rest it against mine. He was taking deep breaths that were running across my neck, causing me to smile and shiver.

I had the strangest dream about this mean, nasty little boy. He wouldn't give me any water and he wouldn't tell me how to get any, except to go into the trees. He said there was something I needed to do in order to find what I was looking for. I don't really remember much else." Suddenly Eric stiffened beside me, causing me to look at his face. "What's wrong?"

"What did this boy look like? Was he very pale skinned, evil smirk and eyes that would cut you like glass?" As soon as he said that about his eyes I knew we were talking about the same kid. The way he looked at me when I touched him would forever be burned into my mind.

"Yeah, exactly like that. How did you know?" Eric's face was pale and I knew this wasn't going to be good.

"We need to leave now. It's not safe for you here." He moved to the other side of the room and came back with fresh scrubs and a clean blanket. "Please change quickly, we need to go." He handed me the clothes and I sat up, taking them from him.

"What's going on Eric? I don't like not knowing. I remember the car accident and then nothing after that. I'm at the hospital but how am I alive now? What's going on?" I was frantic and I hated not being in control. The more he didn't say, the more pissed off I became. I change quickly, with Eric's help and as soon as I was done, he grabbed me bridal style and moved us quickly out the door. I wrapped the blanket over my legs and then wrapped my arms back around Eric's neck, resting my head on his shoulder. "Are you going to leave me now?" I have no idea where that question came from but I suddenly needed to know. The thought of being without Eric was too much. My heart suddenly started to hurt and I became anxious.

"Slone, calm down. I'm not leaving you, not ever. I'll explain all of this as soon as we're out of the hospital." His tone was low and he sounded annoyed. Why did it feel like he was suddenly pushing me away? "I'm not pushing you anywhere, you silly woman. I'm carrying you to the car. We'll be there is a moment. Just calm down. Your thoughts are screaming in my mind." He kissed my temple, making me relax almost completely.

"Excuse me sir, do you need help?" A woman popped out from behind a counter, stopping Eric and I just as we were about to exit the hospital.

"No Ma'am, I'm taking my wife home. She's been discharged but I just wanted to hold her close to me, so I'm carrying her." Eric's voice was very smooth and calming, almost like he was hypnotizing her. I hugged his neck tighter and I felt him kiss my temple again. "I love you," He said in a whisper just for me.

"I love you," I responded before I could think about it. I stiffened and my eyes became huge as we started walking again. "I just said I love you. I've never said I love you to anyone and I said it to you like it was nothing. Almost like we'd said it every day for a hundred years. Did you give me something? Am I going insane?" My heart was racing and I tried to process my sudden increase of emotions for Eric.