Chapter 17

I remember falling asleep last night in the arms of the man I loved. He made me forget about the last few weeks and reminded me why I fell in love with him to begin with.

It was calming, talking about having a baby and what exactly that meant for us. Eric wanted to run out and get married. He wanted to make sure we could tie ourselves together in every way possible, but I wasn't so sure.

"Eric, do you think we can go back to my apartment so I can see Liz? I'm sure she's going out of her mind with worry."

"I was meaning to talk to you about that. Liz doesn't live there anymore. She actually doesn't live anywhere by where you used to live. I went to see her after you were taken and I ended up telling her everything. I told her who I was and what had happened."

"YOU DID WHAT?" I yelled at him.

"She's too observant and she just kept catching little lies I'd tell her, so I finally broke down and told her the truth. She didn't believe I was a vampire until I showed her, and that's why she left town." Eric hung his head slightly and I smiled.

"You scared Liz so bad she left town huh? Yeah, I don't think so. Liz isn't afraid of anything. Why the story?"

Eric smiled at me and kissed my lips. "Don't be upset but she's here, in the motel. I called her last night and she took a flight out here. She's been so upset and worried that she made me promise I'd call her when I found you."

"Well, you didn't really have to call her you know. I could have just gone to see her in time." I didn't want Liz to see me like this, all broken and bruised.

"She threatened me with bodily violence. You know I had to call her!"

"OK fine. Does she know about the baby though? I want to tell her that."

Eric smirked at me and looked away. I smacked his arm and before I could say anything, his lips were back on mine, calming me down. His hands tangled through my hair and I felt myself melting into him. He pulled me on top of him so our chests were touching. He locked one leg around my leg to hold me still and then he tickled my hips, causing me to scream.

"DAMMIT ERIC, LET ME GO!" I laughed and tried to wiggle away from him.

"No, I don't think I will," He whispered into my ear, causing me to moan slightly. Before he could pull away from me, I locked my arms around his neck and kept his ear close to mine. I quickly nibbled on it and then I trailed kisses down his neck.

His lock released on me and I quickly sank my teeth into the crook of his neck.

"Don't start something you can't finish, Love," Eric said to me.

'Why can't I finish this? We have no plans.' I pushed back to him and sucked harder.

His hands tightened around my waist and I felt his anxiety increase.

"KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK...” came from our door. I instantly stopped biting Eric and wiped my mouth.

"Who is that?" I asked him.

"Who do you think? Did you think she'd wait a few hours to see you?"

"Liz? It's Liz?" I jumped up, taking the top blanket with me. As I turned around to apologize to Eric, he was already up, walking towards the bathroom. I stopped to admire his assets and he stopped walking to turn towards me.

"Want me to get rid of her?" He asked me sweetly.

"Mmmm, yes but she'd kill us both if we didn't answer. Just get your sexy ass in there already before I don't let you."