Chapter 14~ Ball begins+Coronation

~Zack's POV~

Today is the ball, along with the coronation of Cinder. My nerves were everywhere. The maids and butler's had set all the decorations already with the help of Henry. I hope the ballroom looks just as we planned.

"Zack, you keep on sweating and that is ruining your hair." Lily stated as she yet again dabbed a cloth to my forehead.

I smiled at her through the mirror, "Sorry, I'm just nervous..." she rolled her eyes as a reply, brushing my hair back then adding gel to keep it in shape.

"Well you shouldn't. All you are doing is standing in front of hundreds of creatures, as Cinder is being named king and you as his queen. No words needed. Just smile." Lily said with a shrug.

Yeah, easier said than done. I could trip and make a fool of myself, or maybe the crown won't fit me, or maybe my clothes will rip. I didn't notice I had closed my eyes and was gripping the arm rests of the chair, that is until I heard a soothing voice, whispering into my ear.

"Come on baby, show me those cute eyes of yours..." Came Cinder's voice.

Slowly I opened my eyes, letting out a small breath. "Cinder..?" I questioned, just making sure it was him as my eyes focused on the figure through the mirror.

And yes, it was him. He was looking at me with a smile, his hands lightly rubbing my forearms.

"You were having a small panic attack Zack." Cinder said with a worried look, "I'm guessing it's due to the ball?"

I replied with a nod, pouting slightly. I noticed Lily was still in the room, but was focused on something else, she's weird......a good kind of weird.

Cinder cupped my cheeks, staring into my eyes. "Listen Zack, you'll be fine. Just focus on me, yeah?"

I smiled and nodded, he pecked my lips then moved back. "Alright, if you really don't feel good, tell me. Now I'm gonna leave you to get ready. I'll meet you in a bit down stairs."

He gave me another peck on the lips before leaving the room. That small talk had calmed me down, allowing Lily to finish on my hair.

Lily patted my shoulders then left the room, leaving me to put on the last articles of clothing. I didn't choose a dress, I am not risking in tripping in some heels. I respect women for handling those crazy shoes. Just wearing them once left a blister or two.

I stared at myself in the mirror, Cinder had chosen the outfit for me and it was a perfect choice

I stared at myself in the mirror, Cinder had chosen the outfit for me and it was a perfect choice. Fitting me pretty well. A smile came onto my face, this has been absolutely the best thing to happen to me.

No more worries about having a job, no worries about where to live, no worries about society. I really don't regret accepting Cinder as my soul-mate, he really is the best thing to happen to me.

I was brought out of my thoughts by a knock at the door. Looking over I said, "Come in."

The door opened and in came Luis. The smile on my face grew and I rushed to him, bringing him into a tight hug which he returned.