Chapter 15.

Carefree.

 Paige was carefree as she was dancing in the crowd with everyone else. Except she was up front. She could care less if she was dancing like an idiot. She was having fun swaying to the music. It's been a week since Adam had made the song and now his band was playing it. Horns, was the name of the song.

Paige was happy for the first time in a long time. She could tell you exactly when but she knew it was a long time ago. Adam watched her as she danced and he couldn't help but dance a bit more. Adam was having fun. He was carefree. his heart raced as he hopped around the stage while Paige did the same but on the floor. 

His bandmates were actually happy he was finally carefree. They loved Paige. She wasn't like everyone else. She knew to have fun and get a crowd jumping. When they first played the new song everyone was getting used to the words, but when they saw Paige dancing and swaying they all got into the song. 

When the song was finished, everyone cheered but it was silent as Paige could only hear the beat of her heart as she looked up at Adam. He was smiling brightly at her. How was she so lucky to have a great guy like him? "Now I know you all came here to rock out and all. But Every rocker has to gloat about his amazing girlfriend." Adam says and Paige's eyes had widened. Girlfriend? "Paige Moore." Everyone looked at Paige as he gazed down at her. "Please join me." He held his hand out to her and she looked around.

Paige's heart was pounding in her chest. She looked back up at Adam to see him smiling. She smiled back and slapped her hand in his. Adam yanked her up and the crowd cheered. Some girls were giving her dirty looks. But tonight Paige was carefree. Adam placed his mic in front of her. She was shocked. What the hell was he doing? "My girlfriend is going to sing a song tonight. She's our biggest fan and knows all the songs. So give it up for our lovely leading lady of the night." 

Paige was actually scared now. What was going on? She looked out into the crowd and saw not only Ian but Noah, Carl, Mickey, and Debbie were there as well. They all were shocked to see her on the stage. Mickey was even there. Paige looked over at Adam and he began playing the first note of the song she had come to know. "Amen" was what the song was called. Adam didn't like singing it because it was kind of low and high in some parts. 

Paige took a deep breath as everyone waited for her to sing the song they had gotten to know as well. "Fires gonna burn, the waters gonna turn, the rains gonna fall, fate is gonna call. But I just keep breathin." Her voice was perfect and Adam almost stopped playing but Danny who was on drums began playing along with him. 

The crowd was now cheering and singing along with her. Paige had that deep nice groggy voice. Not Amy Winehouse but it was damn good and everyone seemed to love her as they rocked out.

"My life. My love. My sex. My drug. My lust!" She basically screamed into the mic and this made everyone cheer for her louder. Mickey was shocked while Ian began rocking out. Noah took Carls hand and they made it to the front and rocked out. Carl wasn't a rock person but this was Paige. 

Adam made his way closer to her and Paige leaned on his back as they rocked out. He had no idea she was this good. He had to admit that he wasn't expecting this strong voice to come out of her. It was like it had been locked up and hasn't been used for a while. In which he was right. Paige used to sing all the time. Noah knew she had a wonderful voice but that was when they were a bit younger than they were now. 

Paige stopped singing when Noah had turned five. She couldn't sing and pretend everything was fine. It hurt her knowing that no matter how she tried to keep Noah away from the abusive family it kept coming back harder and not towards Noah but at her. Paige had lost all hope and happiness that one night. 

Paige didn't even notice that even her own voice had changed a bit from that sweet innocent melody to this thick. She was on fire and everyone was living it.

The song had to come to a close and everyone gave her a round of applause. She was great and Adam actually began to wonder if she would be okay with joining the band.

"Thank ya South Side!" Paige yelled and Adam gave her a thumbs up. Paige had to admit. This was probably the most exciting thing she has ever done in her life. She was ready for something else now.

"Whooo! That's my fucking Moore!!" Mickey yelled out and everyone looked at him. Ian chuckled and shook his head. Mickey was proud of her. What could he say? He loved his best friend.

°°°

When the concert was over everyone went home. The band was still packing up and getting ready to go sleep for the night. It's been a rough day.

Adam was holding Paige in his arms as they finished up. She was having a tough time trying to get through the court and everything going on with Lip. He came to her door drunk asking for her to come back to him. She was shocked of course but she declined. She was with Adam and she knew that he was good for her. 

"Whatcha thinking about?" Adam asked and she looked up at him. She smiled and turned around to face him while still in his arms. 

"Just thinking about the court." She says and he sighed. He knew she was having a bad time with everything that was happening but he didn't know exactly what to expect. He never went through this and Paige was almost a wreck. 

"Maybe I can take your mind off of it." He muttered kissing her lips softly. She smiled and took his hand. They walked off to go do something other than waiting around for something to happen.