26

Breathe Haylee.

You're going to be fine.

You are going to live, okay?

Just breathe.

Surgery is nothing. You'll be fine.

"Are you ready Ms. Fields?" The nurse asks me.

I take a deep breath before nodding. She gives me the medicine and soon everything goes black.

Six Years Ago

"Seventh grade is going to be absolutely amazing." Maddie said as the both of us walked off the bus our first day of seventh grade.

"You say that every year and every year is just like the last." I said to her as I rolled my eyes.

"No but this time I'm sure." She said. "I have a feeling.'

" okay Mads, okay." I said.

We stopped in front of the junior high building and looked at the sign. "It shouldn't be hard right?"

A girl walked up beside me with dark hair. "You nervous too?" She asked.

I glanced at her than back at the building. "Not really. I'm just not prepared." I explained.

"I feel you sister." She said look up at the Hilltop sign. "I'm Olivia by the way." She added holding her hand put for me to shake.

I shook it and smiled. "I'm Haylee and this is my best friend Madison but I wouldn't call her that if I were you."

"Maddie is perfect." Maddie said.

"This is my best friend Penelope but just call her Penny." Olivia said.