10

"Jason!" I shout over the music.

He turns around and looks at me confused. I probably look a mess. I know for a fact that my mascara and eyeliner ran and smeared all over my face from the tears I tried so hard to keep until I got home. My hair is knotted from digging my hands in it. My jacket isn't on all the way and my tank top is stained with smudges of mascara. I just look a mess.

"Haylee what the hell happened to you?" He asks holding my face and searching me eyes for the answer.

"I-i don't want to talk about it right now." I choke out.

"Did Wes hurt you? If he did I promise you I will make him pay." He says in a low voice.

"No Jase. Just please take me home." I plead.

He sigh but nods. He digs in his pocket and hands me his keys. "Go to the car. I need to get Wes and Jack. Then we can leave."

I nod. "Thank you."

He smiles. "No problem Princess. Just go to the car."

I nod again and turn to find my way out. I run into someone and look up right into Mason's  eyes. No no no no no. Just try and walk away

"Haylee please. I'm begging you to listen to me. Its way more complicated then me just dating Beatrice. I didn't plan it." He explains. "I never wanted to hurt you."

"No normal person ever wanted to hurt someone but you did and there's no turning back. Just let go of me and leave me alone." I say pulling my hand away from Him and pushing past him and start crying again. I don't care how much this boy doesn't deserve my tears.

I find the car and get in the front seat. I pull my legs to my chest and cry.

Mason is my best friend. He was the one who looked out for me. He was always there. IN fact, he hated Bea for all the horrible stuff she put me through. Now he goes and basically cheats on me after dating for like a week? not even? I just expected better from him.

Mason is a bit of a player, yes. I always knew that about him. Girls used me to get to him. I should've known what I was getting into the minute he asked me out. I shouldn't have let my guard down so easily. i shouldn't have done anything. This is all my fault.

The car doors open and Wes, jack and Jase all get in. Jase doesn't turn on the car. Instead all three of them turn and face me, clearly waiting for me to explain why I look like I had three bottles of tequila and fell into a pool.

"I hope you know we aren't moving until you tell us what's wrong." Jack says.

i look at him. "Well then you're going to be waiting a pretty long damn time."

"haylee just tell us." Jase pleads.

"No. I don't want to." I huff and lean back in the seat.

"Haylee." Wes says in a warning voice.

I snap my head towards him and narrow my eyes. "You. Don't even start with me."

He furrows his eyebrows and leans back in the seat signaling he's done with this conversation.

"Haylee please tell us." jackson pleads.

I sigh and look at them. "After whatever happened on stage I could tell that mason was pissed at me. I ran off to go and find him and he was in the back. With Bea. She had herself all over him and he was making no effort to push her away. She started complaining about how I'm the only one who doesn't he asked me out, out of sympathy. Then he said that he can't just walk up to me and say that he's been secretly dating for two months now and then asked me out, just because he felt bad. so that's why I didn't want to tell you."