17

"That's your dad?" Wes asks utterly in shock.

I nod staring at him.

"Haylee I need you to let me explain everything to you." My dad pleads.

I purse my lips. Why should I give him a chance? He left me. I do always wonder what's happened. Damn my curiosity.

"You have ten minutes and not a minute more."

***

"Your mother cheated on me," he says flat out once we're sitting down.

"She would never do that," I say.

"But she did. You were around 5 or 6 and Kennedy was 11 or 12. I found out because it was my best friend. Your mother insisted she would change but I knew your mother and I knew she wouldn't do that. So she took both of you, changed your last names to hers and I haven't seen either of you since. I met someone, her name is Abby and we have a son and a daughter Gabe and Gabby. They're twins and they're both twelve." he explains and my heart wrenches.

My mother, the one who I always believed and saw the best in, is a lying and cheating bitch? And my father is the exact opposite. He cared, he still does care. He has a wife and two kids and he's happy. I missed all of this time with him just because my mother couldn't own up to her mistakes.

"How is your mom by the way?" he asks.

I meet his eyes, they're the same shade of blue as mine. "I wouldn't know she left for Italy a month and a half ago and I haven't heard or seen from her since."

He looks at me sympathetically. "Well, where are you staying?"

"With Gia and Mike Andrews," I say.

He looks at Wes who seems seriously uncomfortable right now. "I want you to stay with me."

"Excuse me what?" I ask.

"Haylee, you're so old now. It's been twelve years. I've missed so much for so long. I don't want to lose any more time." he says. 

"My life is in Boston, dad," I say to him.

I can't leave Maddie and Penny and Olivia. I still haven't made up with Mason or Jase or anyone. I haven't gotten the chance to bitch slap Beatrice Bells yet. I can't leave Ever and Vince. I can't just leave the Andrews after all they've done for me. I can't.

"I can't leave. I have three amazing best friends back home and the Andrews have done so much for me that I can't just leave with o warning." I explain to him.

"I understand that Haylee but I'm your father and I still have rights as your parent," he says.

"What kind of parent are you!? You haven't even tried looking for me for over a decade! You have no right to be called my father. Let alone, my parent." I say crossing my arms.

"Honey is everything okay?" A woman says coming into view. She's absolutely gorgeous. She has brown hair and dark eyes. She's quite short but still stunning.

"Abby, this is my daughter... Haylee," he says.

She smiles at me. "You're absolutely stunning Haylee. You won't believe how much your father has talked about you and your sister."

"Well, it's not like he knows me anyways so," I say.

"Kitten," Wes says and I shoot him a look which he returns and I roll my eyes.

"At least think about it." my dad says handing me a card with his number written on it.

I nod knowing I won't be calling him any time soon. "I have to leave."