22

WESLEY'S P.O.V.

"Good enough for me." I say before kissing her again.

Only its not.

I know she's been through a lot but it hurts that she doesn't love me.

"Are you sure?" She asks.

I nod. "Totally."

She smiles weakly and hugs me.

"Now I'm pretty sure this is where I ask you out on a date." I say smirking.

She looks at me trying to suppress her smile. "Oh is it now?"

"Yeah. Haylee Fields will you go on a date with me?" I ask her.

"Nope." She says popping the 'p'

I furrow my eyebrows looking at her confused. "What?"

"Ask me again and don't be so formal." She says. "Its weird."

I sigh and tuck her head under my chin. "Go on a date with me kitten."

"When?" She asks, a smile in her voice.

"Hmm how about next Friday?" I say.

She looks up at me. "Why I'd love to Wesley."

She pecks my lips. "Come on your mom is probably waiting for us to eat."

She pulls me inside and into the dinning room Where jase is cleaning the table. "Where is everyone?"

"It's a school night. We all ate." Jase says eyeing both of us. He looks down at pur connected hands and Haylee pulls her away.

"Um let's go to Bill's." Haylee says walking out.

"Okay then." I say following her. I grab my keys off the rack and follow her outside.

She's staring at the sky when I get out there. "It's just so...beautiful." She says in awe as she tucks her hair behind her ear.

I smile at her. "Yeah."

She smiles back at me and gestures for me to go to the car. "Come on."

She gets in the front seat and I get in the drivers seat. She rolls down the window and lets the breeze whip through her hair. She taps her nails that she's painted white against the door to the beat of the song. She hums softly to herself whole gazing out the window. I drive swiftly through the streets.

"Wes you might wanna slow down a bit." She says.

"Kitten, its 10:00 at night, who could possibly be driving?"

She sighs. "You just make me nervous."

I smirk at her. "I make all the girls nervous."

She rolls her eyes and looks back at the road and terror overflows her face. "Wes watch out!" She screams.

My eyes revert back to the road to see a semi coming right at us and everything goes black.

***

"He's waking up." I hear someone say.

I blink and a bright light blinds me. Two heads with faces I can't make out area leaning over mine. I blink a little more to realize its my parents.

"Mom?" I croak.

"Wesley oh my lord." She looks an absolute mess. There's bags under her eyes. She clearly hasn't slept in days. Her hair is a mess and she looks exhausted.

"What happened?" I ask slowly sitting up.

My dad hands me a glass of water. I look around to see a huge glass window, an IV in my arm, two chairs, a float screen TV on and Ever Curled up in one of the chairs.