41: Closer to him

Start from the beginning

We  remained in utter silence after that and I busied myself with tracing complex patterns on the rug beneath me, the fur bowed at each movement of my fingers.

A couple of minutes later, Michael said he had to make a call across to his friends to inform them about the schedule with the dressmaker.

Tamara had given him a goodbye kiss and I escaped to my room to change into different clothes after deciding to pay a visit to the Park. I prepared sufficiently for the trip there.

After informing Tamara and my mom about my proposed visit to the park, they reluctantly allowed me to leave.

I hailed a cab and directed him to the park.

Taking a deep breath, my feet enclosed in a pair of gray flats stepped into the serene environment of the park. For a place that I hated visiting, it welcomed me with open arms and I joyfully fell into its outstretched arms.

Other than two or three couples I saw at a satisfactory distance from me, the park was empty and I wondered why. The park was never quiet except for weekdays, and even during weekdays, it was busier than its present state.  I consoled myself with the fact that at least, I had a little undisturbed moment to myself, devoid of people engaging in romantic conversations.

Sighing, I spread the tiny blanket I came along with, over a small portion of the grass.

I dumped my bag on the blanket and tiny creases found their way to the edges of the blanket. Sitting on the blanket, I plugged my ear buds into my ear and listened to some music from my phone.

It felt like my fast-diminishing energy was restored just by listening to music, my nerves became less tense and my muscles relaxed too. The music swept me away into a little world where I was all alone with my thoughts.

I went missing from planet earth for about thirty minutes till I lost count of how long I disappeared.

Stealthy movement of someone's fingers on my ears dragged me back to the 'real world'. I screamed and sprang away from the fingers.

My eyes shot up and located Philip's face which had a sneer plastered all over.

"You scared me!" I shrieked and launched an attack on his legs which weren't affected by the attack, instead, it was my feet that suffered.

"I'm so sorry, did I scare you?" He asked. His question angered me but all I could do was narrow my eyes at him.

"How could you sneak up on me like that, if I was some crazy girl, I would have given you the beating of your life." I babbled and he shifted his legs away from my feet which were still attacking them.

"Fortunately, you aren't a crazy girl, whatever that means." He grinned at me and I groaned in frustration, burying my face in my palms.

"Are you stalking me? Why do I keep running into you everywhere I go?" I demanded, pushing aside a strand of my hair that fell over my eyes.

I got off the blanket and stood, facing him. I sneakily  took in his outfit as his lips parted to speak.

"I needed to escape from reality for awhile..."

"That's not possible... You can never escape from reality." I argued and he sighed.

His hair was thrown about in the air by the gentle evening breeze. I also noticed the trees in the distance, their leaves fluttered in different directions as the breeze instructed.

"So tell me, why are you here?"
He smoothened the blanket and lowered himself onto it. He fixed his eyes on me and I sank to my knees, facing him.

"Making my temporary escape from reality?"  I shrugged, grinning widely at him. A smile formed on his face, accompanied by creases forming at the sides of his eyes.

"Let's escape together then." Philip suggested with a heart-melting smile.

I sat beside him and the next minutes spent at the park brought me closer to Philip.

Like as through a looking glass, i saw straight through him, he was as clear as crystal, pure, serene, tranquil, peaceful...what other adjective could I possibly use?

He told me a few stories about his childhood, some of them I found really hilarious but the others, I didn't find anything in them worth laughing at.

In the end, it was getting closer to Philip that mattered, right? Or not.

***

The Unknown person P.O.V

I watched the two of them leave the park with smiles on their faces.

Oh sweetie, your smile's about to be extinguished forever.

I let out an evil chuckle and with a snap of my fingers, I order the driver to drive away, alongside my 'Captive'.

Say goodbye sweetheart.

I plunge the needle into Captive's back and my captive stops struggling.

I let out an evil chuckle as my car sped off into the dark night.

Scary...

Any guesses on who the unknown person might be? I'm not so sure.

The next chapter which will be out tomorrow will be the last chapter of 'My Boss'...Hey put the pitchforks down, There's a sequel and It's published already. Its titled "End of the Beginning" Check it out on my profile if you want.

I'll keep you posted...

Tris❤💙❤💙

Oops, I'm so sorry, i accidentally pressed the publish button... Just kidding...

Your thoughts on this chapter, any loose ends?

See y'all on Friday...There's more ahead... Seriously

BTW, what's your favorite time of the day?  Mine's the sunset.

Lots of love and kisses 😍😘😘😘

Tris ❤💙❤💙