Chapter 41: Panic

so...go sub to ABD Illustrates and follow them on Twitter. Their art is aMAZING.

          Roman's POV

     After Thomas showed us the Entities he had made in fifth grade, inspiration was flowing. I had so many wonderful ideas for him and his videos. Hmm....I need my ideas to be criticized. I only want the best for our host, after all. I made my ways over to Virgil's room. Just as I was about to knock, I heard....talking. "Yeah, I know I know..." "You really should do it!" "I don't know, you guys...." Maybe he's talking to Missy and Pranks...? I knocked once. "I-Oh, uh, come in." He said.

     I opened the door slightly. "W-Were you...talking to someone...?" I asked. "Because I can come back later if yo-" "Oh no no no! It's fine. I wasn't talking to anyone. I....you can....sit down." He cut me off, paranoia laced in his sentences. "Thanks...." I mumbled, closing the door behind me. "So, I need some ideas critiqued..."

timeskip because laziness.

     I exited Virgil's room, satisfied with the reaction I had received. I still can't get that off of my mind. Logan was out with Patton, and Missy and Pranks were both fast asleep...so who was he talking to? Then again, Pranks and Missy are both tricksters, they could've easily snuck out...

     I pushed the thought to the back of my mind, trying to drown it out with happy ones. "Oh, hello Roman. How are you?" Logan asked, slightly startling me. "Oh, greetings, Logan. I'm fine. How were things with Patton?" I asked. His once slight happy expression turned into a sad one. "Oh...we-um-w-we didn't go...." He mumbled. "We haven't talked much yet...." "Oh, sorry. I know how it is..." I said, placing a hand on his shoulder. "But it'll be okay. I promise you. And don't give me any of your logical reasoning, this will work out." There was a moment of silence. "T-Thank you, Roman..." He said with a shy smile. Tears formed in his eyes. "It was no problem." I said, wiping off the tears. "I have some work to do, I-I'll see you soon." He said before walking off into his room.

     I smiled happily to myself. I'll always be there to safe people...no matter how much I hate them. But I don't hate Logan. No...I don't. I sat myself down on the couch, grabbing a blanket in the process. I wrapped myself up in said blanket and turned on a Pixar movie. I know, not Disney. Virgil's been begging me to watch more Pixar films lately.

     I wish he was here now, so we could cuddle, but he said he had to work, and I have to let him do that. I just want to cuddle and love and hold and kiss him and tell him it'll all be okay...I turned my attention back to the film, drowning out sad thoughts with the happiness of the movie.

timeskip. two days.

          Virgil's POV

     I was tired. I had worked my butt off today. I heard muffled sounds from the living room. Fighting...Logan and Patton weren't having the best of luck with their relationship recently, so I can't say I'm surprised. My god...they must be having a horrible fight...I put on my headphones and tried to drown out the noises with music. Nothing. Turned it up. No use. Turned it up even more. No. Freaking. Effect.

      My breathing began to hitch. Oh god no, I ain't having a panic attack today. I stood up from my bed and set aside my headphones. I grabbed my phone and rushed out of my room. Patton was screaming at him, crying his eyes out. Even Logan was shedding a few tears. I rushed into Roman's room, shutting the door behind me, closing my eyes and sliding down said door. "Well sheesh, you could've knocked, you know." He said with a chuckle. I opened my eyes. There he was, standing by his dresser,  shirtless. I whipped my head around and shut my eyes tight, cheeks flushing with fuchsia.

     He put a hand on my shoulder. "Hey, it's okay." He said softly. "Now, what's wrong?" I was a little confused. My breathing wasn't off, I wasn't crying, wasn't showing any signs of being...me. "I can tell when you're upset. You're my boyfriend, after all." He basically answered all of my questions. "Now tell me." He said, scooping me up into his lap. "It's just..." I sighed. "I just can't stand them fighting...I just can't handle those noises...." He started playing with my hair. "It just...it just upsets me for some reason...and I don't know why..." I finished my little tangent. I was done ranting to him. He has enough to worry about anyways.

     "It's okay, it's okay. I know you don't like it, but it'll be okay...I promise." He said reassuringly. "I know that it's hard to ignore, but it'll be fine. I can assure you." "B-But what if they don't? Patton embodies Thomas' emotions, his feelings, his heart. He'll be absolutely destroyed..." I mumbled. "I know. He won't though. Logan has enough logic up there to know that Patton is the best thing out there." Roman said.

     I felt tears well up in my eyes. The screaming and yelling had gotten immensely louder. God, don't panic. It's okay. Calm down. It's okay. No matter how hard I tried to believe that every thing would be okay, my panicking got the best of me.

     I began to slightly shake. My breathing was hitched. Roman began to take notice. He lightly shushed me, calming me down a little bit. He continued to run his fingers through my hair. He rocked lightly back and forth. "Shh, it's okay...it's okay..." He mumbled. God, how on earth did I get so lucky? I have literally the best boyfriend in the entire world. Seriously. He's always there to comfort me. He loves cuddling, which is fine with me, sometimes it's all I actually need. He'll set aside almost any work for me, which I don't do. And he's just........he's just perfect. I know it sounds cliché, but it's honestly true.

     "You feel better?" He asked softly, breaking me out of my thoughts. "Y-Yeah....thank you...so much..." I mumbled, burying my head into his chest. "It was no trouble, love." He said, untangling his fingers from my hair. He lightly kissed the top of my head. "I love you..." He murmured. "I love you too..."

i'M NOT DEAD.

WOW.

okay so I know it's only been like two or three days

but seriously

it feels so good to update

it just gives me this sense of happiness because i'm actually being persistent about something

anYWAYS

School's been cool

I haven't had  a lot of homework?

but i guarantee you it won't stay like that.

so yeah

lil update

probs will do more

anyways

c'ya!