Chapter fifty one

Start from the beginning

"You know," he gazed at my stomach through the reflection before he kissed my ear, "I still can't believe it. We're having a baby... Adriana we're finally having something we can call ours."

I nod my head as I watch Dante smile widely as he exclaims however, I was too busy caught up at the fact that I was experiencing something I have not experienced before. My stomach was getting bigger and the more bigger it would get, I felt as though I would feel desperate to meet him or her already.

It had been a few hours since Dante had returned and right now, he was at the study room with the rest of the boys working on something. It had been quite some time since they were working in there so I thought to take some food and refreshments in there for them to have since they did not attend the table at dinner.

With one of the housemaids, I reached the room and knocked on the door until someone had answered it. When the door opened, it revealed a very pleased Tony.

"Oh, Adriana! Grazie Dio, you're here with food!" He exclaimed, "I am fùcking starving, I could eat a lupa."

He opened the door a little wider for the tray to be rolled in, while I stood out of the room waiting for him to give me the access to go inside the room. Once he did, I enter and roam my eyes around the study to find Dante seated on the chair with his undivided focus on something on the laptop in front of him while Fabio was rummaging through a box of papers.

Even at stupid times, my heart still skipped a beat at the sight of this man.

When Dante finally noticed my presence, he suddenly seemed anxious. He stood up from his seat and approached me, when he reached me he wrapped an arm around my shoulders. Although the boys knew about mine and Dante's relationship, I still felt uncomfortable to do anything as little as a small touch. So I glanced at the boys to see if they saw what Dante had just done but they were too busy devouring the food that was brought up.

"Hey, are you alright?" Dante's hand travelled under my shirt and then he placed it on my stomach as he began to rub it slowly. Just the mere contact had my heart soaring for some reason. My hand automatically reached his as I feel my heart warm up at the sensation of his raw skin touching mine.

"Yes," I nodded my head and then feel him kiss my forehead, "I was just missing you."

"Dante, you've got to see this."

Due to the loss of Dante's touch, I suddenly felt senseless for some reason. Dante pulled away from me when one of the boys obtained his attention. When Dante moved off, I followed behind him.

When the both of us reached the boys, immediately they turned away and would not show anything to Dante. My brows snap into a furrow as Fabio takes Dante away and whispers something to his ear before they both return back to me.

"Adriana," Dante called me out calmly, "we're going to be here for a very long time. Why don't you go back to the room, I'll join you in a minute?"

Dante took my hand and began to guide me to the door however, I pulled away from him and then returned my determined gaze on Fabio and the rest of the boys.

"Show him what he needs to see." I demand, "I want to know too."

"No Adriana." Dante was quick to fire back. I turned my head towards him and cocked a brow up as I give him a questionable look. "That's not necessary."

"Fabio, just tell us."

"Are you sure?" He assured, "It's about Antonio."

My heart slowly sunk as I feel the deep plunge at the pit of my stomach. Just the mention of his name felt like my health was slowly deteriorating. I blinked a couple of times as I feel my surroundings spinning out of control for a second before I gulp. I suddenly felt protected when Dante wrapped an arm around my waist.