CHAPTER 45

It has been three long hours since Damon and Aileen left the inn and followed behind the trail of Craske and his men. Damon looked at Aileen and she bore the same countenance since morning. There was a determination in her eyes and a look of sheer hatred shone in them as she looked ahead at the path they followed. He knew it was not easy for her to be patient when the culprit and her revenge seemed so near. However, he missed the smile which always graced her face along with the tenderness in those beautiful orbs. 

Damon halted his horse as he saw a pond nearby. They had been following the men continuously since morning and their horses could use some rest and water along with the silent, deep in thought Masked beauty. Aileen thought of all the ways she could bring death to her sworn enemy whole way. She wished she could get a hold on him sooner as the wait was killing her core every moment of her being. She realized Damon has stopped his stallion. She halted her mare as well and looked back at him. She raised her eyebrows at him in question then asked,"What are you waiting for, My Lord? We must hurry if we intent upon chasing them in time that too red handed." 

Damon took a deep breath and stepped down from his horse. He then approached Aileen's mare and patted the mare's neck as he looked at Aileen,"I am aware of your expeditiousness and the reason behind, My lady, although your mare and my stallion could use some rest along with water for a while." Aileen glimpsed at her mare and realized the poor horse could use some rest. She nodded at Damon and stepped down from the mare as well. Damon took both horses to a tree where they could find some fodder along with the fresh water from the pond. 

After he was done tying them, he neared the pond and sat down in front of it. He gathered some water in his hands and cleaned his face. Th cold water soothed the warmth of sun and felt calming on his face. After he was done he turned around to ask Aileen if she would like to have something to eat. It was noon and they left early in the morning. Surely she must be starving as he was.

He could not find her where he last saw her standing. He looked around for a while and located her a little farther as she sat near the pond deep in thought. He reached near her and stood beside her. She sat with her feet dipped inside the water as she stared at her reflection pondering on something deeply. Damon could not bring himself to say something. It looked to him as if she tried hard to gather her thoughts in her mind. He simply sat beside her, removed his shoes, folded his breeches and dipped his feet in the calm water. Aileen felt his presence and sighed.

She looked at her reflection once again and spoke," I look at this girl in front and see the child who had to go through so much pain and every day the pain intensifies. I believe if that night could have been avoided, I would have been with my parents, behaving like the most ladies in ton, worrying more over my gowns than armours." She then laughed a humorless laugh and moved her feet to clear the reflection.

Damon understood how she felt and it broke him to see the lively, feisty lady before him like this. He took a deep breath and held her hand in his as he spoke," You should know you are still that innocent child, I could see her in you. Though, you are more lady to me than all those chits flaunting their expensive gowns in halls of London. You have more value to you. If your parents would have been here with you, they would have approved of their daughter like this strong woman in front of me, who not only stands for herself but also for those in need." 

Aileen was speechless at Damon's words. She felt the support she craved in a mere touch from him. His words gave her the strength and assurance she needed. Slowly she glanced at his eyes, those grey orbs could hypnotize any soul and keep it captive forever. She felt her strength crumble and the night of their first kiss came in front her eyes. She felt whole and incomplete at the same time. Damon slowly moved forward, with her hand still in his. He held her gaze for a moment and then his eyes flickered to her lips.

Damon wanted to kiss Aileen in that very moment. He waited long for this very instant after that first taste  of honey he got from those rosey lips many nights ago. He saw the passion in Aileen's eyes as well. He could not wait another moment to delve into his desire to kiss her. He neared Aileen and saw her gasp but she did not move. 

Aileen closed her eyes to feel Damon's lips on hers. She could feel his breath on her face now. She opened her eyes and saw uncertainity in his eyes. She looked on his shoulder and spoke," I have something of importance to tell you." 

Damon stopped and looked at her," Right now?". She nodded and neared his ear as she whispered slowly and seductively,"Yes."

He gulped at her voice and nodded at her to continue for he could not speak any more. She moved a little closer making Damon's heart jump and beat faster. She smiled and said,"You". He gulped again and said,"Yes?"

She spoke again,"Please do not move, you have a spider on your shoulder." Damon whispered,"Yes, yes" then he realized what Aileen has told him, he jumped and stood up hastily. He looked on his shoulder as he wiped his shoulder again and again. Aileen stood up too, laughing at Damon and his actions. 

Suddenly Damon stiffened and glared at Aileen,"There was no spider, was there My lady?". Aileen bit her lip and shook her head as she took few steps backward. Damon slowly took steps in her direction. 

Aileen laughed and said,"I never knew a spider could scare the mighty Phalcon." Then she ran ahead towards the horses.

Damon shook his head and smiled mischievously at her,"Your tricks won't stop me from finishing what I started." Then he sprinted in her direction.

Soon Damon caught Aileen and it made her unbalance making her fall over the grass beneath. Damon followed her as well and soon they were both laughing as they lied on the grass. Then after a while, Damon got up on his elbow and looked towards Aileen. This time he did not gave her any attempt to react as he took possession of her lips in one instant. 

........................................................................................................................................................................

Hello everyone!

I know long time. Sorry for making you all wait. I hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as others. Can you believe the story I just started for Fun has reached 500,000 reads and 10 k votes. I mean I am overwhelmed. Will try my best to update sooner.

Hope you liked the chemistry forming here. Finally they are on good terms with each other. 

Do vote and comment.

take care :)