CHAPTER 9

Aileen and Damon were seated across each other on the comfortable cushioned seats of carriage. Damon's knees slightly brushing with aileen's thighs. Aileen was trying to concentrate on something outside window as she thought she could not directly look in front of her. She remembers the moment she laid eyes on him, standing downstairs waiting for her. The way he looked at her walking down the stairs, the spark held in those, always so distant eyes. They way they lightened up, after seeing her, she could not help but smile proudly at herself. She had taken a complete look of him from head to toe, he was wearing pants instead of breeches, those suave black pants underneath black suit coat and a starched white shirt beneath his coat making him look every bit ethereal. His hair were one thing that stunned her. The first time time she saw him, in the morning room, the day before, she thought of them to be slightly blond and now at night they were brown. The sunlight in the morning room has enhanced the colour of his hair and even now his hair were giving just a shade of blond, rare and enticing thing to hardly find in any man. Wait, did she just thought that.

Aileen felt her heart again pounding in her chest, she thought may be she's catching something mayhap a fever, but she never felt sick before, then why her heart was beating so fast.

When Aileen reached downstairs, Damon had held out his hand for her to take, and she gladly accepted it with a blush and flattering a smile at him. She never blushed, and here she was blushing and smiling like a debutante of society. Aileen sighed, the carriage ride was half an hour long to almack's, rather it seemed like eternity sitting in front of him, he had maintained his calm and had not uttered a single word for which she was thankful, her rationality jumped out of her mind whenever Damon Richards was near. 

Damon was deep in thought, thinking how to control the repugnant thoughts making their way in his mind, sitting in front of Aileen. The moment they had entered the carriage, he decided to remain his calm and composure but it was hard with her, sitting so close to him that his one knee was touching the side of her thigh. He has never felt such need in him before and such tightness.... In his... Heart....  no he cannot think this way of her... he should not... Aileen eloise maxwell is forbidden thought and she will only stay back for a month and he has to maintain his composure.

Suddenly carriage came to a halt and a footman knocked on the carriage door before opening it for them to exit. Damon got out first, helping Aileen after him offering his hand, her hands were so soft and perfect in his calloused ones, even though she was wearing those black satin gloves, Damon thought her hands to be soft. Damon shooked his head, and taking Aileen's hand held over the crook of his arm, they made their way to the doors of ballroom, where The Duke and Duchess of Winchester stood, welcoming their guests and greeting them.

"Ahhh, the infamous Damon Richards, Marquis of cambridge, finally you made it possible to grace our ball with your esteemed presence" Duke of winchester, Gabriel Lurenzo, greeted Damon playfully, shooking his hand and smiling playfully at him. Damon greeted him with a smile. "Now, My lord who would not make his presence known at first ball of the season especially when it is being hosted by you, and ofcourse, your lovely wife" Damon looked at Duke's wife, Lady Donna Lurenzo and smiled at her, "Milady", he bowed at her and took Lady Lurenzo's hand and placed a gentle kiss on back of her hand.

" and who is this lovely lady Lord Damon??" Damon looked up at Aileen and cleared his throat, "May i introduce you to Lady Aileen Maxwell, she is... well she's a guest of my father's" The Duke took Aileen's hand and placed a tender kiss on her hand and introduced her to his wife. "indeed, you are one divine lady who is going to make her presence felt, my lady" Gabriel complimented Aileen to which she smiled sweetly. " You are just being modest my lord, but for now i am glad to make your acquaintance" Aileen smiled at his wife " And well i must say Lady Lurenzo here is going to take away all the attention" Aileen spoke to Lady Lurenzo, to which she just smiled sweetly and said " oh my lady, now you are flattering me, well its  getting cold here, we should move inside" to that they all moved inside the ballroom.