Chapter 19 ~ Celebrity Lunch

Zacznij od początku

"'Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.'"* He was grinning now and I felt my cheeks blush. Not because I was just just listening to his song a while ago, but because... duh, he was Jamie Mendoza!

Stop, Ella! Stop, I whispered in my mind. He was another human being, okay?

After a moment of regret and denial of myself, I realized what he'd said was familiar to mine. "Dr. Seuss?" I laughed because I never imagined him saying a quote like that.

"Yeah, you have a problem with that?" He raised his brow, but I could see humor and amazement.

"I never thought you know stuffs like that." I explained.

"I am a normal person and I have a normal childhood, why not?" He furrowed his brows, this time I felt I really offended him in a way.

"Sorry, I know that." I smiled slightly, wanting to apologize.

He frowned a little and eyed his shoes, "I just want people to think me for me, not some..."

"Not some fudge-damn hot superstar?" I blurted.

He laughed, forgetting what made him frown, "Fudge-damn?"

"I don't wanna say fuck, it's doesn't taste good in my mouth." I slipped my tongue out.

"Yeah, it doesn't look good on you."

"So, you don't want to let people think you're the fudge-damn superstar?" I revived our conversation, I did not know if it was the nice choice.

He stopped laughing. "People disregard who I am for what I am now."

I took my courage to pat his back and think for any smart reply. "Be who you are and say what you feel. Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."*

"I hate it when what I say is brought back to me." Then he grinned, "But this time, thank you."

"That's the Jamie Mendoza I seem to know." I took my hand off his back and winked at him.

He smiled wider. "No girl winked at me before."

"Really? Not even in movies?" I sipped from my water bottle. I had not eaten lunch and I only had milk and bread for breakfast.

He shook his head. Oh, I just winked at this damn-hot superstar. "And I never thought it will be this intimate."

"Intimate?!" I almost burst the water in my mouth, I choked.

"Yes," he laughed and rubbed my back to help me recover.

"Excuse me, I didn't mean to." I coughed.

"You have handkerchief?"

I searched my handbag and pockets.

"Here," he handed me a blue checkered hanky.

Oh, I had seen this in movies and read in books. I was not interested to have that scene with this famous superstar I just personally met minutes ago. "No, thanks," I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand, a clumsy thing to do.

He ignored my declination and wiped the lower part of my mouth himself. I was struck once again. His eyes focusing on what he was doing, so I was aware he was looking at my lips. Geez, this was humiliating.

I grabbed his wrist, took his hanky and wiped myself. "Thank you, I can do it."

"You can keep it." he winked.

"You're winking at me?" I asked, keeping his handkerchief in my bag. No way would I give it back after I use it for my waste.

"Yep, and I know it is not your first time that someone winked at you."