Chapter 14 ~ My Last and First

"I need to go inside." I said and turned away from him. I breathed and caressed my swelling arms. I went directly to the restroom, looked at myself in the mirror and fixed my hair in one side.

What just happened?

"Are you fine?" Marvin followed me inside and consoled me. "Are you hurt?"

I hugged him immediately. "I am glad you're here."

He hugged me back, "I'm sorry I couldn't do anything else. I just wanted him to go away from you."

"Marvin, you punched him!" I couldn't hide the fear, the anger, the surprise, in my voice. "But how can that be?"

He looked as lost as I was. Then his eyes widen like he just solved a puzzle, "Another surprise of love."

"You think so?"

He shrugged, "I love you, and I don't want anyone to hurt you. When I saw him trying to kiss you, I forgot everything rather than wanting to save you. If you love someone, you won't let anyone—anything—to hurt them."

I hugged him tigther. Tears almost fell from my eyes. "Thank you and I love you."

I went out the restroom and shocked to see Liam so worried on my way to the table. "Ella! I am looking for you."

"Why? What happen?"

He hugged me and checked if I was fine. "Daniel came in from the garden outside with a bruise on his face and I am worried about you. I thought you're involved of what happened to him."

"I just want to go home." I said, recalling what happened. I texted Dad that I needed a ride home.

I got my bag, left my small token for Daniel on the table and went down the building with Liam not leaving my side. I thought of what Val had told me, that Daniel was dangerous, I assumed it was only a friendly joke. Now I was quite sure he really was dangerous.

"Did you enjoy the night, Ella? Where's Daniel?" Dad asked as he opened the passenger side of the car for me.

I sighed and composed myself as Dad walked towards the other side. "Well something happened Dad, but I just want to rest for now."

As he unparked the car, I saw Liam waving from the entrance of the building. Then behind him, Beth appeared. I watched them as Dad hit the road.

My mind was full of things about what Daniel did. Eventually, I remembered my stalled conversation with Liam, trying so hard to clear my mind off that stupid topic.   Two streets away from us, mom called. "Where is Dan?"

"Mom, we're on our way home. He had to deal with an emergency so I had to call Dad." I lied although I was pretty sure they'd find out eventually. I would just explain some other day, but not tonight.

Mom snorted. "He shouldn't leave his date alone!"

"I know, Mom. By the way, you can go to sleep and we can talk tomorrow. I have keys."

"I can wait for you."

"No need, mom."

"Okay, be careful the two of you. I love you." She hung up.

When we reached home, I quickly kissed Dad and went upstairs to my room, not giving him an opportunity to ask about what happened.

I tried my best to clear my mind of what happened but it kept on popping out. Where's Marvin? I was wondering if he hurt himself with that punch.

Right after I changed my clothes, my phone rang. "Liam, are you serious when I asked you if you are avoiding me?" That was how I answered the call.