Chapter 29 ~ Grudge

So here's the plan: even though we were down to thirteen members in the team, we still had to divide ourselves to accomplish all of the tasks in less than two months. Group A was incharged in the costumes for the main characters, B for the supporting characters' costume and the smallest batch, C, for the props needed like guns.

I volunteered for Group A because my friends would be there and also because I'd like to try something new this time. I was new in this organization but I didn't have too much trouble because the older members taught me, well except for the fact that Candice continued on indirectly muttering how she should have gotten the role instead of Alyssa for Eponine.

"Hope the Eponine will sing the songs right! I practiced it for only a week and my voice coach said it was perfect. I wonder how it didn't become my role." She told the lower batches, both girls and boys, those clearly seemed to like her so much.

"Okay, Leader, what are we suppose to do?" I asked Marc, though he didn't volunteer himself as a leader. The rest of our groupmates jived in, considered my joke seriously.

"Leader?!" Marc's fuzzy brows came together, almost like he had unibrow. "Ella, you won't like me constantly reporting to that lady over there. It'll be a disaster, I warn you." Then Marc raised a brow at me to check if I would still like the plan.

"Well, so anyone who wants to volunteer as leader?" I asked the group of five. Our team was a little diversed: me and Marc who were clearly different from each other, a guy from the eight grade who was very skinny and pale, and two girls from the ninth grade. They were distinguisable because one was a little chubby and fair skinned while the other one has a darker skin. "Wait, before that let's introduce ourselves first. I'm Ella and I'm in tenth grade. I am just new in this club so I really can't be an option for a leader."

"Well who said you can't be?" Marc smiled. "Anyway, I'm Marc also from the fifth grade and I can't be the leader because of past issues I had with our team leader." I wasn't sure if it was just me but I saw him roll his eyes in disgust.

"What issues?" One of the ninth graders asked.

"Well, past is past. I don't want to talk about it." Marc said, like a little bit pissed for the girl for being nosy. "Since you spoke, it's your turn."

The girl seemed to be scared and couldn't speak more, the girl beside her also felt the same. She was a bit blushing under her dark complexion. "Hey," I said, nudging Marc on his seat. "I'm pretty sure Marc wasn't trying to be mean. He was just saying that he's trying to forget what happened." I forced a smile on my face. "Right?" He nodded. "Okay, uhm... it's your turn."

The girl sat up straight. "Uhm... I'm N-nikka and I'm from ninth grade." She nudged the other girl beside her to be the next one.

"I'm Patricia. I'm also from ninth grade," said the cute chubby girl in a straight and brave tone. "And for my opinion, past shouldn't hinder your future? Just saying." She shrugged like what we were talking about was just about what she prefered for a food recipe.

Marc clenched his jaw but I couldn't quite read what he was thinking. The last guy from the eighth grade spoke. "I'm Lorenz, eighth grade. By the way, whatever your problem is I'm not interested, we're here for the club, not for your love story." He said in a fast straight way like he memorized what he'd say a dozen times before actually saying it.

"I got all your points okay?! And yes this isn't about me. We have to focus on our task to manage the costumes. So from now on let's stop talking about my past life." Marc burst a little too loud that took other groups' attention.

"Okay, Group A, stop the chitchat." Candice went to our group circle and folded her arms. "I need your plan. Decided who's the leader is?"

Marc sighed before raising his hand. "I am."