Epilogue | Revelations

Everything had fallen into place, just like pieces of a puzzle.

After the dance there was a happiness and air of new beginnings that created fresh starts for everyone.

Alya and Nino, being the least drama filled, continued their relationship. The events had created great material for Alya's blog which Nino had helped her redesign. On their anniversary he created a mixtape for her; the pair had always found music better than words to express their feelings.

Nathanael and Shea were happy too. They had easily become the school's "it" couple, and could always be found making art together (in more ways than one) in the art room at school. Chloë apologized and had a change of heart, and Shea accepted without hesitation. The pair had become unlikely friends through it all.

Marinette and Adrien both seemed to be living a dream over the past two weeks.

Adrien finally took Marinette out on their first date, to an extremely fancy restaurant. The pair got all dressed up, Marinette in a stunning red dress and Adrien in a black button down and tuxedo jacket, only to be told when they got their that they couldn't be seated.

There had been a mistake somewhere along the way and the poor hostess seemed to melt under Adrien's glare. He had wanted to make the night perfect for their first date.

Marinette, unbothered by it all, thanked the woman at the counter and ushered Adrien out of the restaurant to prevent him from strangling anyone. She knew he just wanted it to be special, but Marinette didn't really care where they were as long as they were together.

Adrien gloomily looked down when they were outside. "I'm sorry Marinette. They said on the phone--"

She waved him off with a laugh and the wave of her hand. "Let's go somewhere else. I have just the place."

Marinette took Adrien's hand and began to pull him down the street. Pretty soon the pair was standing in front of the little frozen yogurt shop they had gone to during their friendship.

Adrien smiled at Marinette like she had stolen the stars for him. "This is perfect."

The two overdressed teens went in to the happy place. Each of them filled the others yogurt cup--Marinette giving Adrien an aesthetic blend of white, pinks and browns while Adrien gave Marinette a mess of colors and toppings.

The same worker was on shift that day, and Adrien proudly put his arm around Marinette and smirked smugly at the guy. The worker put on a fake jealous face for the boy and internally laughed. He knew he wasn't supposed to play matchmaker on the job but making him jealous was so fun-- and so easy--besides, from the way they were holding hands it looked like it worked.

Adrien and Marinette moved to the table where it had all began.

"You were right Marinette, as usual. I'm having way more fun here." Adrien stole a spoonful of her yogurt with a smile.

"I'm pretty easy to please when there's food involved," she said. "And you of course."

Adrien's smile grew and he switched over into an obnoxious television announcer voice. "So, Marinette, how does it feel to be dating the Adrien Agreste?"

Marinette concealed a smile and gave a bored shrug. "I mean, it's alright." She leaned in close like she was whispering a secret. "Contrary to popular belief, he has terrible fashion sense."

"Wow, that one hurt." He grabbed his chest in mock pain. "You've truly wounded me."

"Don't worry, I think you've got enough ego to recover." Adrien threw a chocolate chip her direction as she spoke.