thirty

it was now thursday, around 9-ish. this person should be coming soon.

i waited and waited, then eventually i heard the noise of someone coming up the rope ladder.

soon, a head popped in.

brendon urie.

i turned my head, not looking at him. he then sat in front of me, putting his hand on my jawline and forcing him to look at me.

"ryan, don't be upset... i love you. i've just been avoiding you because people are starting to think im gay. and the skipping school and smoking, well, those guys are my friends. they wanted me to, so i did," brendon said.

"brendon if they force you to do bad things, they're not your friends," i said.

brendon paused, and took a moment to think.

"i don't know what im doing with my life. the only thing that i know is that i love you, ryan. i love you!" brendon proudly shouted.

"i love you too," i said.

i jumped into brendon's arms as he kissed my forehead. i then looked up, and we kissed. it felt like fireworks.

we continued to kiss, getting as close to each other as possible. we only stopped kissing because we couldn't breathe.

i looked brendon in the eyes.

"wanna go somewhere with me?" he asked.

"okay," i said.

we left the treehouse and ran out of the forest. we ended up across the street from the park.

brendon held my hand as we walked through the park, the only light being the street lights. and brendon, because he's the light in the world of darkness.

we walked around the park until we reached the pond. the lights around the pond were on.

"take off your clothes. wait, that sounded really wrong. just, um, we're going swimming," brendon said.

we both stripped down to just our boxers, and walked into the pond. luckily, the water wasn't very gross. i looked at brendon, who was staring at me.

i reached brendon's hand, and held it. brendon then got close, then picked me up into his arms. i was easy to carry, as i was light.

i watched brendon as he kissed me. i was sure to kiss back.

"i love you," he said.

"i love you too," i said back.

i held on tightly as we continued to kiss. our kissing was interrupted by the noise of a car. we hopped out of the pond and rushed to get on clothes.

we ran far, far, far. we eventually ended up at the woods. i could see a roof of an abandoned house.

"i know where we are," brendon said, "we need to get away from here. now."

"why?" i asked.

"i'll explain later. run!" brendon said.

we ran away from the area.

"hey losers! where you going?" gerard yelled.

"hey urie! get back here!" pete shouted.

"does urie have a girl with him! nice! found him a toy, i see. that girl probably has had a lot of fun with him," frank said.

"wait... that's not a girl," pete said.

"wait what?" gerard asked.

"i didn't know he was gay!" frank said.

me and brendon were standing behind the corner of a pizza hut while we waited for help.

"did you call someone?" i asked.

"yeah. dallon should be here in a bit," brendon said.

"ok," i said.

we waited as they continued to shout.

"hey urie! we know that you have a boy with you! can't believe that you're gay!" frank yelled.

"shut up frank, we all know you're gay for gerard!" pete yelled.

"what!" frank yelled.

"wait, you're gay for me?" gerard asked.

"hey, there's a car coming! let's shoot it up! i bet it's to save those punks!" pete yelled.

there came dallon in his shiny convertible he got for his birthday.

"get in! now!" dallon shouted.

we rushed into the back seat, not caring if we buckled or not.

"we're shooting!" frank yelled.

and there came bullets. luckily, dallon dodged them, and drove quick until he was away from the gang. he drove straight to his house, and parked in the garage.

"get out," dallon said, "and come inside. my dad's a cop. he can help us."

all three of us went inside with dallon.

"hello boys! it's kinda late, but it's nice to see you! are you dallon's friends?" dallon's mom asked.

"yeah," i said.

"mom, i need to talk to dad," dallon said.

"okay," she said, "he's in his office."

we followed dallon into his dad's office, right across from his bedroom. his dad was typing on the computer, not in his uniform because he wasn't on duty.

"hey dad, we have a problem," dallon said.

dallon then explained everything to his dad, about us running into the gang members.

"why were you two out so late at night?" his dad asked.

"we were finishing our ice cream cones from dairy queen at the park," brendon said. he obviously wasn't gonna tell them about swimming in the pond.

"okay. we'll try to catch them. stay safe. don't go outside so late at night," his dad said, "i can drive you two home, if you'd like."

so, dallon's dad drove us home, and we were safe at home. im surprised he didn't talk to our parents about the situation. but it's better anyways.

i slept in fear of them finding us.