"Young ones?"

"The full beasts."

"I think he means the werewolves." I added, helpfully.

"Ah. Yes, they have him in the dungeons for crossing the line."

"We need provisions. Food, utensils, coverlets but all he's goes and gets are clothes. We prefer being naked, clothes are useless. But our females have recently learned stiching. We stich the clothes together to make coverlets."

"I thought you guys were immune to cold." I stated.

He nodded." We were until there was food in these areas. The full beasts don't care about our needs, they only care about us being on our side. There is not enough land to run in. Not enough resources to procure. We pray to our goddess and she has told us that we must give as much as we take. The herd of deer in this area is becoming scarce, Shredder has ordered us to only hunt rabbits but the full beasts do not care about scarcity of game they hunt like it's their father's lands. Rabbits are not enough to sustain our bodies. We've become weak. We need petty things like coverlets to keep us warm."

We walked in silence for a while and reached another clearing. I looked around but all I could see were more trees and bushes.

"Soul Shredder will meet you here. " Quicksilver said and disappeared into the bushes on the other side of the clearing.

We heard a howl, rustling of leaves and I looked up as my nose picked up foreign scents.

Alexei cursed and drew his weapon again.

They hid in the trees, watching us. I heard a baby cry, it was quickly hushed. Fog slipped around our legs. Nikolai wrapped his hand around my upper arm to pull me closer. The female in the cage (That was being dragged behind us by two degnites), gasped and banged at the cage.

Through the tress a black hooded creature approached us. It was tall, almost 6'7". It held a scythe in its huge hand, making it appear like the grim reaper. As it stepped closer, we kept back up, unconsciously. As if our bodies knew that the thing in front of us posed death.

"It has to be him." Nikolai whispered.

"Yes. Nikolai Shizkov. I am Soul Shredder, the Alpha of these lands. " It spoke. The voice from behind the hood was gruff and smooth all the same. If Quicksilver's voice made my skin crawl then this voice made my skin run. It also made me feel warm on the inside. I cluched at Nikolai's shirt.

"We come to bargain for an alliance. As you know, another war is coming up and we've got information that you're still on the side of the Ghouls. "

"Yes, we side with the Ghouls. They offer us great things. It's something that you cannot do. What they offer is of great importance to us." He said, swinging his scythe. "Leave now. I wished to see the shining folk. I have seen one, you are of no use to me now." He turned to leave.

Nikolai continued, unperturbed. "I bet they've offered you the location of the Stone of Salvation. "

Soul Shredder froze and turned around so abruptly, his hood fell off revealing a face that made me want to cover my eyes.

His skin was as white as snow (Not literally). I was a Vampire, the fairest of mythical creatures and here stood a man that made me feel like I was black (Nothing against black people). But he was similar to me more that I liked.

One side of his face was covered in black circling runes and letters in a language I didn't know. They continued down his neck and into the collar of the cloak that covered him completely.

The other side of his face, it looked like it was carved out of marble. He had a straight angular nose, high cheekbones, a square jaw and thick eyebrows. His eyes, they were the most beautiful thing in his face, deep set , dark blue swirls around tiny black pupils.