Chapter 15- Part 1

Nikolai led me towards a deserted hallway. After stepping out of the church we posed for pictures under a tree. Nikolai's owl, Shireen had interrupted us by photo bombing us.

She had a new scroll in her collar. Nikolai's mood had been off ever since he had read the scroll. I did not ask him about it because I was afraid he would remove his anger on me. And I'd had enough of his angry glares when pictures were being taken of us.

A reporter has asked us questions, too. She had said that she was representing the Daily Demon newspapers. I didn't know demons had their own newspaper. Did they have their own phone companies too? The thought made me chuckle.

"Shush." Nikolai said, angrily. "I'm having second thoughts about marrying you. Don't laugh and anger me more."

"Why second thoughts? I didn't do anything." I said, finally done with his grumpy attitude.

"I just got a wedding proposal." He said, making me stop in my track.

"What?" I asked, disbelief clear in my voice.

He signed and leaned against the wall, pinching the brig of his nose and closing his eyes. Nikolai was now wearing a plain white cotton tunic, the paint had been wiped off and he had ditched his demon form during the photo shoot.

It was a pity, because I preferred demon Nikolai more than human Nikolai. But he look handsome anyway. And tensed now after that revelation.

"I got a wedding proposal on my wedding day by the Technotrites. "

"Too late." I said, a my voice sounding a little possessive. I internally shook myself. What's wrong with me?

"Who are this Techno-whatever anyway?" I'd never heard the name.

"They're the race of part human and part ogres that live in the west of Dinhae. I needed that alliance with them, I was trying for a long time. They're very strong." He said, his eyes looking at me with his own irritation,  like I should have known this.

"Continue." I said, taking on a haughty expression.

"The ogres don't accept them because they're human sized, no matter how green, so they built their own community. They make robots, war machines, building machines, we could really use their help for the coming war."

War? Okay. "Against whom?"

"The ghouls and the dragons."

My mouth dropped open. I could understand the ghouls wanting to cause trouble but the dragons?

They were a reclusive race. Living in a far off island that had many legends. It was a floating island apparently. Nobody knew where it was. And the dragons weren't very social either. They stay in their island without any contact to the outside world. War from their side was unbelievable.

"Why would the dragons want war?"

"I don't know. Why do the ghouls want war? Land? Slaves? Gold? I was pretty surprised when I got the news. I've lived long and still never have I ever encountered a dragon. And suddenly they're waging war on us. " He said, a kind of hopeless look flashed in his eyes.

"They're dragons....I don't know if we can stand a chance against them. We need all the help we can get. We have the demon army. The vampires are willing to help, I have set a date for negotiation with the elves and the centaurs. But the technology on the technotrite side would have made a big difference." He signed again.

Dragons...word was that they were as big as mini islands themselves. I felt the same hopelessness as I thought of a fight against them. It was a lost cause. But Nikolai needed the support of his Queen.

I wasn't going to give him false hope, though. 

"Its a lost cause, just like our wedding.  Speaking of it let's pay attention. Forget about the alliance and stuff. "

"Yeah, your right. That reminds me. " he said, something cold reflected in his eyes as he backed me towards the wall.

His arms caged me, his face inching closer until our noses almost touched. One of his arms lest the wall and cupped my jaw, harshly.

"If you embarrass me in there, I will take you across my knee right there, not caring about the three hundred guests that are going to be in that room. You get me, Wife?"

He was so close, I couldn't pay attention to his threat, the only thing on my mind was the warmth of his body and those lips of his. I looked down at them, licking my lips.

How would they feel against mine? We shared a quick kiss for the camera but it was too short for me to feel them properly.

His hand on my jaw loosened and I looked into his eyes. His pupils had dilated and his breaths were harsh. His head lowered.

He was about to kiss me. Our lips were an inch apart-

"There they are!" A voice boomed.

Nikolai pulled away. My mind cleared. I blinked. I shook my head to clear the fog in my mind.

What is wrong with me?

Nikolai is supposed to be my enemy. 

I am not supposed to kiss my enemy.

I turned towards the voice. Nikolai was glaring at his brother. They looked drunk already.

Alexei was making lewd remarks and Dimitri was making kissing sounds.

"Go away you two!" Nikolai shouted at them. "So that you can kiss the bride?  I think that part is already over, Lele. You have to wait for the big night to kiss the bride again."

"Yeah! Or you'll spoil all the fun!" Alexei and Dimitri both crowded Nikolai into a corner and caught hold of his arms.

"Lele? " I asked, not expecting an answer.

"That's what we call him. Cause Mr. Kissi face doesn't like anyone calling him that. "

"It's a feminine name! Why are you telling her that? Bro code man! What are you both doing? Let me go." He struggled as they dragged him towards the doors.

"Bad Nikolai, no secrets from your wifey. " Alexei snickered.

"Put me down you bastards! " His voice was lost as they took him through the door.

I took a step towards it but two hands covered my eyes from behind. They were warm and smelled faintly like vanilla.

"Suprise, Kidnapper. It's time for the wedding games. " I froze. I recognised this voice.

The information set in.

It was the voice of Catra Valor.