Chapter 2

United states of America, Adam's apartment.

Lunia combed her hair in the cracked mirror and frowned at her face. She looked ridiculous in this make up. Why did mortals put make up? Her employer had told her that it was necessary that she had to look her best.

Why?

She already looked her best usually. With just some red lipstick. But now this eye shadow, mascara and blush made it look a bit too much. Lunia didn't like this. She glared at herself in the mirror.

A whistle sounded behind her. Adam, the mortal mechanic appeared in the mirror behind her. He had not dressed up after their recent lovemaking. He was clad only in boxers and leering at her. 

Adam was a lowly mortal. He was not much to look at. He had a greasy beard and crooked, chipped teeth. His hairline was receding prematurely and his eyes were squint and a muddy brown. He was bulky. Not as much as the demons but enough bulky for a human.

And he was a pig.

He smoked weed. He drank liquor. He licked his fingers after eating. He rarely had a bath but he never minded her scars and bruises or her jutting bones.

Lunia was not strong enough to always keep up the glamour to hide her various anomalies. So, Adam knew about her mangled body but never asked.

"You look beautiful." He said, lighting another smoke.

He walked closer and put his hands on her hips. "I don't know how they allow you up that stage with all these." He said, fingering a scar on her shoulder that was visible because of her strapless dress.

She shrugged. Wouldn't want you to know, mortal man.

"My mama was a wicked lady , you know? She believed in magic." He said, kissing up her neck.

"She talked about all kinds of things. About fairys, about vampires, werewolves,  elves. All kinds of shit. I got old enough and put her in a mental hospital." He was now looking at her. His squint eyes told her that he knew her deepest secret. Her dirtiest secret.

Now starting from her own POV.

"When I looked at you up that stage, I knew that ol'mama was right. But I ain't gonna ask you shit. Cause knowing shit will cause me more shit. And I got enough on my plate as is. You stay here as long as your shit is solved. This man gonna love you and then forget you when you walk away.

"Aye, this man ain't gonna ask you where you came from. Ain't gonna ask you what you've been through. Ain't gonna ask you what you are. And when your shit hits the fan, I'm gonna walk away alive, cause I asked you nothin'. " He said and kissed my shoulder. 

He turned and walked away towards the door of the room.

"Adam?" I called out. He turned to look at me. I smiled at him.

"Thanks for not asking." He grinned and shut the door behind him.

Wow. I never thought I'd ever thank a mortal. He seemed smart for all his piggish looks.

I clipped my shoes on and walked out the door and down the stairs. I should wear a jacket because,  Adam doesn't stay in the best of neighbourhoods.

I picked the raggy looking jacket that I had gotten from some second hand place and put it on, while walking out the door.

Adam's house was a cramped up apartment above his garage. Collage boys and gangsters always roamed around looking for someone to pick on and someone to steal from.

It was good that I had no money. And they respected Adam and so stayed away. Though I could hear them talk things about me.

"Look at that hot piece of ass."

"I want to bang that."

"I wished she let me have a piece of her."

"Adam's not even handsome."

"Hey, sexy." The last one was a new guy. Otherwise he wouldn't have talked to me. They know better than to mess around with Adam's property.

I ignored them and kept walking ahead. Soon I would reach the strip club named Kitty's and I'd have to start my shift.

There mortal's would leer at my glamour covered body. They would throw money at my feet as I dance naked for them. Then I would walk around the bar as men stuffed money in my thong and fondled my breasts. Then one of the rich mortals would take me to the back and fuck me. If he enjoyed, then I'd get good money. If he really, really enjoyed, I'd get awesome money. And if I was lucky, then he'd be dead drunk and would pass out on me, I'd keep him there for long and then he'd have to pay me for all the time he spent there.

Conscious or unconscious.

I hoped I was lucky.

But, if I was then I'd still be home, celebrating Nikolai Shizkov's death.

I signed as the club came into view. I walked pass the waiting line for the normal bar that was in the room before the strip club.

Underage children milled about. Pushing their way into the line. Collage girls fixed their make up and boys pointed at some good looking girls. Some kids were already making out.

Pft, mortals.

I walked towards the guard at the door. A big bulk guy name Samuel. He smiled at me and opened the door.

"How does she get to go in?" A whiny voice called out. I turned my face behind to look at the girl. She was atleast eighteen, looked bored and was chewing a chewing gum.

Some others joined in. Protesting me going in and throwing stuff at Samuel.

He gave a loud shout. "Settle down. She works here." He said, scowling at the youngsters.

Some groaned and some still glared at me. I smiled and showed them my tongue, taunting them.

"Check for ID cards well, Sam. They all look like kids to me. " I said and laughing I stepped into the club, leaving the angry mortals to wait outside.

Jealous bitches. 

I still wish I was one of them. I wouldn't have to go through what was coming my way.