Chapter 20

Sorry for the late update. I published this part on 18th April and took a brake after that. But today I see that it hasn't been published. I hate when this happens.

Really sorry.

Nikolai found Lunia lying beside him on the bed. She was staring numbly at the ceiling. He quickly changed back to his human form and blinked at what he saw in her hands.

She was wearing the bathrobe that was brought for her and her hair was wet. Nikolai decided that she had used the shower or the jacuzzi at the smell of bubble mix coming from her.

She was holding the letter from her father to her chest. Nikolai looked at her face closely, her eyes were red.

Whatever was in that letter had made her cry, out of respect Nikolai hadn't read it but seeing her reaction made him want to read it.

She didn't protest when he slipped it out from her hands. He leafed through it. A heartfelt letter asking for forgiveness. Nikolai shrugged. Typical response of a father before war. Wanting to make amends with his angry daughter.

Nikolai got off the bed and stored the letter in the suitcase beside the closet. He wanted to discard it but thought against it because he knew that Lunia would kill him for it.

He signed as he looked at her, she was staring at him now. Her grey eyes looking sad and lonely. Nikolai wanted to comfort her but he knew that the Lunia that was in his arms last night was different from this one. This Lunia wouldn't appreciate the comfort, she would lash out at him for trying get to pity her.

He had to remind himself that everything yesterday was a farce. That he could never get her like she was yesterday. He yearned for a little glimpse of the fact that she remembered what happen. That she had felt that connection between them when they made eye contact. But he knew that she was to much into the drug to remember anything.

Besides, the real Lunia Grey would never do something like that.

He looked at the clock beside the bed on the cabinet.

"We're leaving for Dinhae in two hours, go to your room, get dressed and have your breakfast, we will meet in the main compound. " He said and locked himself in his bathroom.

---

Lunia walked the long corridor alone. She had stollen the letter from Nikolai's suitcase and was on her way to her room. Feeling numb.

She reached the corridor with the dome shaped windows and stopped to look out. Ever since she had read the letter, her father's face loamed before her eyes. He was everywhere. Old memories of him everywhere.

Hanes smiling, Hanes pushing the swing as she sat on it, Hanes taking care of her when she was sick,  Hanes holding her hand on the beach.

She remembered being scared of the sea and of the waves crashing on the shore, Hanes had held her hand as he made her walk into the water.

Always face your fears. He had said.

She feared his death. She feared him dying without her forgiving him. Him dying with sadness. She remembered the first race wars. Hanes was always out in the field, leading the Vampires. Many people had died. Innocent people.

Lunia remembered dreading every moment a messenger had come to the castle, hoping he didn't bring the news of her fathers death.

Lunia's eyes burned with tears anew. She had to forgive him, it was his dying wish. But then she remembered the hunger, the pain and loneliness she had to go through because of Nikolai and Hanes.