Suicidal Reader x Al

WARNING: This contains self harm and depressing themes. Please read at your own risk.

You stared blankly at your bare wall, a small frown forming on your lips. You couldn't stop your thoughts from running wild inside your mind. It was slowly eating you alive, and the boy who was causing it was so unaware of the affect it had on you. 

He had told you the harsh truth yesterday. He was unsure about being with you because he wanted someone else. You didn't know how to take that. Maybe he lied about loving you. Maybe he hated you now. Tears stung in the corners of your eyes, and you slowly raised your hand up. You made a fist, then swung down. Over and over you attacked your arm, not even caring about the sharp pain you felt as it increased with each punch. After you felt slightly better, you looked down to see the damage.

Your arm was covered in a bright red patch, leaving no skin on your forearm to be seen. You knew it would form a bruise by tomorrow, and your knuckle was already bruised. It was the relief you needed without the scarring that you would have to carry for your life. 

Then, a soft knock was heard on your door. You bit your bottom lip, not even moving. You felt too mentally weak to move your legs. The only person who has the key to your door, Alphonse, walked in with a small skittish smile. 

"I was just checking in to see if you wanted some company." He said awkwardly.

You gave an empty glance at his form, then looked right back at the wall. You opened your mouth, your voice empty and dead. "Yeah."

He frowned, then stepped in. He closed the door behind him, then walked over to your form. He always had a crush on you, but he made sure you would never know. You always belonged to someone else, never being alone because you were scared to be by yourself. 

"What's wrong?" He asked softly. This was a normal thing, you would get hurt by some guy then the next day you'd be talking to some other toxic person. It was a nasty cycle you put yourself in, and he was always there to help. "Let me see your arm."

You didn't hesitate. It was a normal thing. You slowly raised your arm, revealing the already forming bruise. He gently grabbed your uninjured wrist and placed gentle kisses all up the bruised arm. You shivered slightly at the soft touches, not moving still. 

"What happened?" He asked again, this time with a quiet voice.

".." A sarcastic smile formed on your lips. "He loves someone else." 

Al stayed quiet. You kept going though, a small forced laugh coming out of your throat.

"He used to tell me he loved me every morning and every night. He would send me cute messages, even tell me he was lucky to have me. I'm so stupid, he never loved me. He loved the idea of me. Of not being alone." You then turned to face Al, your tears finally running down your cheeks. Having their own race to each your chin first. "Al I'm so tired of this. I can't keep loving, I can't keep going. I can't-" You cut off your sobbing by pressing your face against his chest, crying on him. 

He instinctively hugged you close to him, not saying a word. He wanted to reassure you that not everyone is like that, that you'll find someone better. But he couldn't bring himself to do it. He couldn't make you feel better just for you to return to this unhealthy cycle. 

"Al fucking say something!" You sobbed against him, tired of his unusual silence. "God damn it! Say-"

Without thinking of the consequences, Al pulled your face out of his chest and he pressed his lips against yours. Without thinking on your part, you kissed him back. It wasn't a quick cute peck, no. Al put all his harbored up emotions into it. He didn't hold back, this moment was his. Then, once he was confident with his messaged he sent you, he pulled away. 

He took in your appearance. Your tear stained cheeks with your wide, cute confused eyes, and your puffy lips. He smiled again. "I've always loved you. Watching you get hurt constantly by these guys always hurts me, so I try to be here for you to ease your suffering. But I can't do it anymore, I can't sit back and watch this happen. Not anymore. I want to love you, and make you mine. I want to show you real love."

You took a shaky breath in, then slowly smiled back. So many thoughts were in your mind, but none were negative anymore. "Then show me, Alphonse Elric."