Ling Yao x Reader

You sat on your couch in your dark living room, the only light coming from the toasty fire blazing in your fireplace.

You sat with a warm mug of cocoa in your lap, and your grip tightened ever so slightly. You had been waiting for Ling to return for about a week and a half, his disappearance due to some thing for the military.

Often you would wonder why he had to leave, because he was not part of the military and pretty much h had nothing to do with it other than the Elrics, if that even counts.

It was Christmas Eve, and you knew deep down you would be spending the festive holiday tomorrow all by your lonesome, but you still wanted to believe he would be back in time.

You glance up at the clock. 20 after nine. You sigh and glance back down at the warm drink in your hand that you had barely managed to touch, for you were in no mood.

Even if he had managed to leave, the snow is at least 4 inches deep, there was no way he would manage making it down here. The temperature was below -10°, and the power was out, causing almost every Christmas decoration and lighting to go dim all around the block.

You smiled sadly to yourself, thinking about the song you had heard children singing the other day when you had gone shopping.

~Ooh I don't want a lot for Christmas
This is all I'm asking for
I just wanna see my baby
Standing right outside my door~

There was a sudden knock at your door that made you jump a little. You most certainly was not expecting that; who could be there at this hour?

Begrudgingly, you sat your mug down on the table a few inches away from you and stood from your spot. You walked over to the door and unlocked the three locks that were on it, then creaked the wooden, hand-carved door open, only to be filled with surprisment, excitedness, and joy as you saw Ling Yao standing there, a sheepish grin on his face and a hand behind his head.

"Heeeey, (y/n), I kiiinda left my house key inside again, and I checked all the windows, but they were lo-"

You imediantly pranced forward and swung both your arms around the boys neck, digging your face in the nape of neck with tears of joy streaming down your face. "Ling!" You cried, so happy and excited you could burst.

He almost imediantly hugged back, wrapping both arms around your waist and resting his head on top of yours.

You stayed like that for a while until you finally found the courage to pull away, a huge smile on your face. "Come on, you must be freezing right now." You said, grabbing his hand and gently tugging him inside.

He followed with absolutely no resistance, a huge smile tugging on his lips as well. He closed the door behind him and shivered, feeling the blast of heat, signaling a huge temperature difference than what he had gotten used to.

Both of you sat on the couch, the song still playing in your head, although it had already come true.

~The lights are shining brightly everywheere
The children's laughter fills the aaaair
And everyone is singing
I hear those sleigh bells ringing
Santa won't chu please bring me what I really need
Won't chu please bring me baby to mee?~

You noticed Ling pulling something from his pocket, a small white box with a mistletoe design, and it had a little green bow wrapped around it, sealing it shut and tight at the top.

You smiled softly as you leaned forward and reached under the the couch, pulling out your own small box. It was very similar to his, except it had a candy-cane print and a red bow.

You each smiled at each other as the unspoken exchange was taking place, each of you very carefully undoing the ribbon. Once the box was open, you smiled a full blown smile.

He had gotten you a little deep green choker with a small bell attached. You loved it, instantly taking it out of the box and slipping it on. The belk made a beautiful melody as it shook, and it fit almost perfectly.

You looked up to see Ling smiling widely at his gift as well. You had gotten him a red hair tie with a medium sized mistletoe attached.

As soon as he laid eyes on it, the raven haired boy took his hair down then back up in its usual style, only this time using the hair tie you had gotten him.

He looked over at you with a grin, leaning forward and placing a gentle kiss on your lips.

This was perfect, you thought. Ling was here with you, you both get to spend Christmas with each other after all, and best of all, shared a very special moment that night. Christmas Eve couldn't be any better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: So there we have it. I figured I would do a little something for Christmas since its getting close to that time, so I hope you enjoyed!