CHAPTER 18 ~ BENNY?

Start from the beginning

Shawn just sat there, arms folded, watching me trying to untangle myself in this ridiculous mess.

The dripping sound was still there, annoying me to no end. I looked to my side and saw the stupid IV dripping some liquid into a tube that was connected to my wrist.

Shawn breathed out heavily and I could tell the heat was getting to him.

"What's going on?" I asked with whatever sanity I had left. I will run out of here the moment I know where Serena is.

"You're in a hospital, they're keeping you under surveillance," Shawn answered clearly, nonchalantly.

"I can see that. Where is Serena?"

I saw a flash of hurt behind his eyes before his expression turned hard again.

"I will tell you after we're done talking. Don't think I don't know that you'll bound out of here the moment you know where my sister is."

Damn it.

"Since when did you regard her as your sister Shawn? I thought you were being all high and mighty about trying to kill Tyronne and what not," I spit out and he sighed, beads of ice appearing on his forehead.

Then I felt my mind whirl, "Did you? Did you kill him?"

Shawn and I used to be on the same page, we never killed anyone. Thanks to our powers we have enough reason to not have to kill anyone.

Torturing was enough to send our victim screaming and begging to die.

If Shawn is the same man that I remember, he won't kill Tyronne.

Is he still the same partner that I went through thick and thin with though?

He smiled and shook his head, leaning forward with his elbows on his knees, "Come on Benny boy, you know me better than that."

I cringed at the nickname, I told him that was the nickname my mum used on me and he decided to make my life a little worse by using it.

"Are you for real now? Because I remember you almost killing me for going against you," I eyed him but his grin grew wider.

"Yes, almost. Enough to get you out of the gang safely. Well, as safely as I thought possible. And enough for you to not come running back into trouble."

My mind was working double time to absorb what he was saying, "Wait what?"

He chuckled and leaned back on the uncomfortable hospital chair, "I'm sorry I beat you up and I'm also sorry for framing you. But it's the only way for you to get out of the gang, I don't want you to be charged under the law.

The small crimes you helped with can be cleared easily, you didn't handle much of the big projects, you beat some people up, but that's all there is to it. Because you are not part of the gang."

I blinked at him, I'm not normally that slow in digesting information but the words that Shawn was speaking was taking longer than usual to settle in my skull.

Maybe it's the weird liquid thing that they've attached to my wrist.

I fired the heat in my body towards my wrist and it burned up the tube to the drip, the whole thing burning up in flames.

Shawn continued staring at me and he had to take a deep breath to let the cold in him run through his body.

"You wanted me out of the gang? What for? We're partners, we're supposed to take Tyronne down together, get him arrested. That was our plan remember?"